The Acura MDX is known for its functionality while maintaining its luxury brand status. Throughout the years, Acura MDX has evolved, and with its improved safety and road features, it's a family-friendly brand.
The proper car insurance for your Acura MDX is vital, and an independent insurance agent will help you find a policy that is accurate and sufficient for all your car needs.
Not sure where to start?
To use a tool that will find you the best insurance solution in your area, check here find-an-agent tool to be matched with the right local independent insurance agent who will find the best price and coverage for your Acura MDX.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Acura MDX?
Your Acura MDX, or any vehicle for that matter, is a large investment. And as with any investment, you'll want to make sure it's protected. There is a variety of car insurance coverages that you can obtain for your Acura MDX, and most states require some form of coverage.
Here is the usual state-mandated car insurance coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: Being involved in a car accident that involves injury to you, passengers, third parties, or pedestrians can be a scary thought. Bodily injury liability will provide coverage for physical harm that may result from an accident of this nature—providing coverage for medical expenses and the like.
- Property damage liability: Property damage as a result of a car accident is a genuine possibility. Whether it's property damage to another person's vehicle, a building, or a light pole, property damage liability will have coverage. The only thing that isn't covered is damage to your car. There are other coverages that states may require that can solve that problem.
Many states also require these coverages before you can get behind the wheel:
- Medical payments/personal injury protection: Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage pay for necessary medical treatment if you or your passengers are injured in a car accident. PIP insurance is available in "no-fault" states and is required in some. You'll have the chance to purchase medical payments insurance everywhere else. Both of these insurances are coverage included in your personal auto policy already.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle if you're in an accident with a driver who isn't adequately insured or has no coverage at all. Think hit-and-run scenarios or if your car door gets dented while you're grocery shopping with no responsible party insight. These examples happen every day, and having this coverage will at least make sure you don't have to pay out of pocket.
- Collision coverage: This will provide coverage for property that you damage while colliding with it. This is typically another person's vehicle, but can even be debris that you hit on the interstate that was not in motion. It's best to have collision coverage for all the possibilities.
- Comprehensive insurance: Your Acura MDX is at risk even when it's parked in your garage. This covers natural disasters, storms, fires, and other incidents out of your control that cause damage to your car. If you hit a deer that jumps out in front of you, that would be considered a comprehensive claim. Get with your agent to discuss your deductible options.
- Glass coverage: Replacing your Acura MDX's windshield will run you around $500. Glass coverage doesn't have a deductible and will cover the cost to replace or repair your windshield at minimal cost to you. With premiums ranging in the single digits monthly, you can't go wrong.
- Gap insurance: If you finance or lease your Acura MDX, you might want to look into gap insurance. It will pay the difference between the car's market value at the time of a loss and the outstanding amount owed on your loan or lease. Without gap insurance, you'll be responsible for paying the difference out of pocket.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Acura MDX?
There are a variety of factors that go into calculating insurance premiums for an Acura MDX. It's not just about the car itself, but also about the driver. Younger drivers under the age of 30 pay higher premiums than older, more experienced drivers. A teenage driver of an Acura MDX will, on average, pay $5,278 per year, with the best full coverage rates being at $851. If you like to put the pedal to the metal and have multiple speeding or traffic violations, then your average annual premium will be $3,142.
Average Cost of Acura Insurance by Model
The type of car you drive will affect your insurance premiums as well. With Acura having several different models at different replacement values, the rates are all over the place. These Acura insurance premiums are based on the driver being 40 years old, male, and with no violations or accidents. The rates are calculated using a $500 comprehensive and collision deductible, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and minimum liability limits. Prices are also averaged across all 50 states.
|Average annual insurance premium for a new Acura by model|
|Acura ILX Hybrid||$1,580|
The Safety of Your Acura
The safety of your Acura MDX will be a factor in your insurance pricing. The safer the vehicle, the less likely that it will be involved in an accident. Acura has taken the Acura MDX to the next level using driver assistive technology. This state-of-the-art technology helps prevent crashes, and AcuraWatch Standard™ is included with every new Acura SUV and sedan. You don't have to take our word for it. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety ratings, the Acura MDX has received high marks across the board.
How Location Affects Your Acura Insurance
If you live in some states, your insurance premiums for the Acura MDX will be some of the lowest in the country. It's all about location, location, location.
|Average yearly auto insurance rates are the least expensive in these states:|
|Average yearly auto insurance rates are the most expensive in these states:|
Average Cost to Insure an Acura MDX
The average annual policy premium in the United States for an Acura MDX is $1,468. Your costs will vary and are based on your age, location, driving record, and coverages applied.
Here's how Acura MDX rate averages change for younger vs. older drivers:
|Acura rates by age for full coverage with a $500 deductible|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Acura MDX
Your insurance company matters. They need to be trusted and have enough reserves in the bank to pay a large volume of claims. The U.S. Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave these companies a solid recommendation:
Get an Acura Car Insurance Quote
Reach out to an independent insurance agent today to get a quote for insurance on your Acura MDX. These agents can shop dozens of insurance companies, providing you with the most affordable and complete auto insurance coverage.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Candace Jenkins
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.