The all-new 2020 Chevrolet Onix is a bold subcompact car featuring notable safety features and impressive fuel efficiency. As a driver, part of staying safe on the road means carrying the proper car insurance to protect yourself and your vehicle. Not sure where to start? An independent insurance agent can help you find a carrier that matches your needs.
To use a tool that will find you the best insurance solution in your area, click here find-an-agent tool to get matched up with a local agent who is ready to answer all your questions and shop for the best rates.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Chevrolet Onix?
Any time you get on the road, you face the risk of an accident. Anything from getting rear-ended to encountering storm damage is possible. Because it’s important to be prepared for anything out there, you'll need to carry several coverages. Some are mandatory and others are optional. Even if a certain coverage is optional, it’s a good idea to weigh the benefits of having the extra protection.
Most states mandate the following:
- Bodily injury liability: If you cause an accident, others may bring claims against you for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Bodily injury liability insurance protects you from these types of claims.
- Property damage liability: Property damage liability reimburses others for damage caused to their property, like a car, fence, or mailbox, by your vehicle.
Many states also require this coverage:
- Medical payments/personal injury protection: Personal injury protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburses you and your passengers a minimum amount for injuries sustained during an accident. Medical expenses, lost wages, rehab costs, and funeral costs are typically included with this coverage.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays you for damage when you get injured by another driver who doesn't carry liability insurance. You can also purchase underinsured motorist coverage, which kicks in when the liability limits of the other party’s insurance are surpassed.
- Collision insurance : This pays for damage to your vehicle sustained from a collision with another vehicle or object, like a tree or boulder.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers losses that occur from theft, vandalism, fire, weather-related damage, falling objects, and damage from animals.
- Glass coverage: Chipped and cracked windshields are some of the most common claims submitted to auto insurance companies. This coverage is typically very affordable and covers the cost of windshield repair or replacement.
- Gap insurance: If you owe more on your Onix than it’s worth, you should consider purchasing gap coverage. In the case of a total loss, gap insurance makes up for the difference between what you owe and what the car is worth.
What Affects the Cost of Car Insurance for Your Chevrolet Onix?
- Your annual mileage: The number of miles you drive each year influences the cost of your car insurance rates. The more you drive, the greater chance you have of getting into some type of accident. Lower annual miles means cheaper auto insurance.
- Your driving record: If you’ve had any moving or traffic violations in the past few years, your insurance rates will be higher than someone with a clean record. Your independent insurance agent can tell you how long your violations will have an impact on your insurance rates.
- The value of your vehicle: The more valuable your car, the more expensive it is to insure. It costs more to repair or replace expensive vehicles. The starting price for a 2020 Chevrolet Onix is between $12,650 and $15,000.
How does safety affect the cost of insurance for my Chevrolet Onix?
Insurers evaluate safety when it comes to your car insurance premiums. Added safety features have the potential to decrease your monthly premium.
The Chevy Onix scored an impressive five stars from Latin NCAP for adult and child occupant protection. The Onix also received a Latin NCAP Advanced Award for its pedestrian protection. The all-new Onix features electronic stability control (ESC) and standard 6 airbags.
How does location affect the cost of insurance for my Chevrolet Onix?
If you live in a larger city, you’ll have more expensive car insurance premiums than if you live in a small town. In more densely populated areas, you are more likely to experience a loss and file a claim.
What States Are Most Affordable and Least Affordable for Chevrolet Onix Insurance?
Estimated annual car insurance premiums in the United States:
|Most expensive states:|
|Most affordable states:|
How Can You Save on Chevrolet Onix Car Insurance?
Luckily, there are plenty of ways you can save money on auto insurance. Some potential discounts are:
- Good student discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Affinity discount
- Good driver discount
- Multi-line discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
Your independent insurance agent can advise you on all the ways you can save on car insurance.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Top Insurance Companies That Insure the Chevrolet Onix
Not all insurance companies are the same. You want to go with a company that's reliable, responsive, and trustworthy. The U.S. Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave the following companies the highest marks:
Your agent can guide you in choosing the best company for your needs.
Get a Chevrolet Onix Auto Insurance Quote
There are plenty of perks to working with an independent insurance agent. Your agent has the ability to shop a wide variety of companies to get you the best rate. An independent agent works for you, so you can rest assured that your needs are taken care of. Let an independent insurance agent get you a car insurance quote today.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
gmauthority.com, naic.org, Latin NCAP, JD Power, Statista