The Ford Motor Company introduced the Mercury model in 1938 as a mid-range vehicle between the Ford and Lincoln brands. In 2010, Ford ceased production of the Mercury line in order to concentrate on its other two brands.
At that time, Mercury sales were only 1 percent of the U.S. auto market compared to 16 percent for Ford. There are still many Mercurys on the aftermarket.
Our independent agent matching tool will find you the best insurance solution in your area. Tell us what you're looking for and we'll recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will only be sent to the agent you pick.
Mercury Car Insurance
If you are looking for Mercury car insurance, you either own a used car or you are buying one. One advantage of insuring a car that is several years old is that your cost for physical damage coverage on the auto itself will be lower. The cost of car insurance is subject to many variables:
- The age and value of the vehicle
- The limits of liability you buy
- The driving record of the operators
- The garaging location
- The number of miles the drivers drive the vehicle each year
- The number of young operators
- The use of the vehicle
- Your previous claims history
- The extras you buy, like uninsured motorist coverage, towing, roadside assistance and emergency vehicle rental
Getting Your Used Car Insurance
Before you consider buying your next Mercury, make sure you have done the necessary research to ensure that you'll have adequate car insurance. Consider the following options when you are looking at insurance quotes:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Medical payments coverage
- Physical damage (comprehensive and collision) on the vehicle itself
- Optional coverages, like towing, roadside assistance and emergency rental coverage
In addition to the above-mentioned options, your insurance quote will depend on these factors:
- Your chosen liability limits
- The age and value of your vehicle
- The make and model of your vehicle
- Your chosen physical damage coverage deductible
- The age of all operators
- The driving record of all operators
- Your claims history
- Where you live
- The number of miles driven each year
- The car's use
Obtaining Mercury Insurance
If you have completed your research and found the vehicle you want, you are now ready to finish negotiating and make the purchase. But before you drive off the lot, be sure you have the proper Mercury car insurance.
If you contact an independent agent, you will have access to professional service and multiple quotes. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you find the insurance plan that is right for you and your budget.