Since Subaru's advertising expenditures are more focused on the Outback and Legacy models, the Subaru BRZ is a sports car that many people know little about. It's rather remarkable that a car as agile, affordable, and fun as the BRZ isn't a topic of discussion among sports car fans.
Although the BRZ comes up a little short on power and torque, its good looks, great handling on curves, and sticker price contribute to its high consumer rankings.
You can use this independent agent matching tool to find the best car insurance solution in your area. Provide some details about what you're looking for, and get matched with the best agents for you. Any information you provide will only be sent to the agent you pick.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Subaru BRZ?
Whether you cause an accident, are hit by someone else, or fall victim to Mother Nature, there's an insurance policy for any potential loss you and your vehicle might encounter.
Even though some insurance policies aren't required by states, you should thoroughly review all options with your independent agent to determine which coverages will work best for you.
- Bodily injury liability: Pays for medical costs and lost wages for the other driver in an accident where you're at fault.
- Property damage liability: Pays for any damage to a third party's property or vehicle caused by you in an accident or other incident. For example, hitting black ice and sliding through someone's fence.
It's possible that your state's required minimum for liability insurance is not enough to protect you if you experience an incident. Make sure to speak with your independent insurance agent to understand how much liability insurance you need to be fully protected.
The following policies may also be required in some states:
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: If you or your passenger is injured during an accident, medical payments or PIP coverage pays any medical bills or lost wages for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: If you're in an accident with an uninsured motorist, chances are you'll be left paying for your personal and property damage yourself. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects you when another driver causes an accident but fails to carry adequate coverage.
Other coverages to consider:
- Collision insurance: Pays for any damage or repair to your vehicle if you collide with another vehicle or an object (other than an animal).
- Comprehensive insurance: Pays for any damage or property loss due to theft, vandalism, natural disasters, storms, and other mishaps, like colliding with an animal.
- Glass coverage: Replacing a Subaru BRZ windshield isn't the most expensive event, but it can still cost you several hundred dollars. Glass coverage is very affordable and can save you the cost of replacing your windshield out of pocket.
- Gap insurance: If you owe more on your car than it's worth, you may want to consider purchasing gap insurance. It pays the difference between what you owe on a loan and your car's worth if you're in an accident and experience a total loss.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Subaru BRZ?
Your Annual Mileage
The Subaru BRZ is a fun car, so there's no doubt you'll want to spend some time behind the wheel. However, the more often you drive, the higher your risk is of getting in an accident or filing a claim. This results in higher premiums for frequent drivers.
Your Driving Record
Do you have violations on your record? If you do, it can result in an increase in your premium. Fortunately, many violations can be dropped off a record with Drivers Ed or naturally after a certain amount of time.
The Value of Your Car
Expensive cars cost more to insure than inexpensive cars. This is why brand-new vehicles tend to have higher insurance premiums than older models. As the value of your car depreciates, you'll notice a drop in your insurance premiums.
|Average cost range of a Subaru BRZ|
|2020||$28,845 - $31,495|
|2019||$26,625 - $28,250|
|2018||$23,900 - $27,575|
|2017||$21,625 - $24,175|
Safety of Your Subaru BRZ
Safety ratings play a key role in automobile insurance premiums, and the BRZ received an impressive 5 out of 5 stars in all but one category from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
As for safety features, the BRZ has a total of 29. Noteworthy are multiple airbag systems, 4-wheel ABS, brake assist, electronic stability control, and daytime running lights. Certain safety features as they relate to sports cars, like multiple airbags and anti-lock brakes, can result in lower insurance rates.
Your Car's Location
Drivers who reside in bigger cities with more traffic have a higher chance of getting in an accident. The fewer risks you face when on the road, the lower your insurance will be.
Additional Factors that Affect Your Subaru BRZ Insurance Premiums
In addition to the above factors, the following will also be taken into consideration when setting your car insurance premium.
- Safety features like anti-theft devices
- Your age
- Your gender
- The deductibles you choose
- Your credit rating
What Is the Average Cost to Insure a Subaru BRZ?
|Average annual cost to insure a Subaru BRZ||$1,376|
Which states are most affordable and least affordable for car insurance?
Estimated annual Subaru BRZ car insurance premiums in the United States:
|Most expensive states:|
|Most affordable states:|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Subaru BRZ
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the companies that offer the best car insurance for a Subaru BRZ are the ones with the highest market share. This includes:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- All State
Get the Right Subaru BRZ Insurance Coverage
For a vehicle in the sports car category, Subaru BRZ insurance rates are considered moderate. The safety features go a long way in keeping the BRZ rates down because safety features have a significant effect on what happens to a car, its driver, and its passengers in a crash.
The moderate replacement cost of the BRZ also plays a significant role in comprehensive and collision car insurance rates.
The best way to shop for Subaru BRZ insurance at affordable rates is by contacting a local independent agent. By having a selection of multiple insurance companies available, an independent agent can shop around for quotes that meet your individual needs and budget.
Contact an independent agent today.