The Suzuki Swift is a sporty subcompact car known for its international popularity and zippy performance. How can you protect your car? So many things can go wrong by simply driving your normal commute to work each day. A car insurance policy with the right coverage is essential for your protection.
An independent insurance agent can help you shop for the most affordable car insurance with the coverage that you need.
To use a tool that will find you the best insurance solution in your area, click here find-an-agent tool to get matched up with an agent who will provide the help you need to get fully protected.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Suzuki Swift?
There are a variety of coverages you can get for your car — some are mandatory, and others optional. Even if certain coverage is optional, you should strongly consider it. There are so many things that can go wrong by simply driving on the road each day. Having comprehensive protection covers you in a wide variety of situations.
The following are mandated in most states:
- Bodily injury liability: Covers damage resulting from injury or death caused by you or someone else using your vehicle.
- Property damage liability: Provides compensation for damage to another’s vehicle or property caused by you or another driver using your vehicle.
Many states also require these coverages:
- Medical payments/personal injury protection: Personal injury protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you and your passengers when injuries sustained in an accident result in medical expenses and lost wages.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: There are plenty of drivers out there who fail to carry appropriate coverage, and they are a huge liability. What if someone without insurance were to hit your car? That’s where this coverage comes in. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects you from drivers who don’t have adequate insurance coverage.
These coverages are optional:
- Collision insurance: This provides compensation for vehicle damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance: Various types of damage can occur to your car besides collisions. Theft, vandalism, and storms are all possible causes of damage. This coverage protects you from these incidents.
- Auto glass coverage: Cracks and chips in your windshield can be a common occurrence. This coverage provides repair or replacement of your damaged auto glass for a low monthly premium.
- Gap insurance: If you owe more on your car than it’s worth, it’s wise to carry this insurance. It pays the difference between how much the vehicle is worth and how much you owe in the case of a total loss.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Suzuki Swift?
Your annual mileage
Do you have a long commute to work or do you typically just drive a few miles every day? Your answer will have an effect on how much you pay for insurance. More miles means a higher chance of accidents occurring.
Your driving record
If you have a stellar driving record with no moving or traffic violations, you will pay less for your premiums. Accidents generally mean higher rates, since you are a higher risk to insure.
Your car's value
Another factor that influences the cost of your premiums is the value of your Swift. A less expensive vehicle typically means lower costs for repairs and replacement.
|Average cost of a Suzuki Swift|
|2015||$7,480 - $15,950|
|2016||$8,140 - $17,270|
|2017||$8,690 - $19,250|
|2018||$10,010 - $25,850|
|2019||$11,660 - $28,270|
|2020||$16,690 - $27,490|
Average cost to insure a Suzuki Swift
Insurers use a set of groups from 1 to 50 to categorize your car. The more expensive and powerful your car, the higher the car insurance premiums will be. A Suzuki Swift belongs to groups 9 to 23. The average annual price tag to insure a Suzuki Swift is around $807.
Monthly premiums will be higher for high-risk and teen drivers.
Which States Are Most Expensive and Which Are Most Affordable?
Estimated annual car insurance premiums in the United States:
|Most expensive states:|
|Most affordable states:|
Top Insurance Companies That Insure the Suzuki Swift
Not all insurance companies are alike. You want a company that's reliable, responsive, and trustworthy. The U.S. Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave the following companies high marks:
Get a Suzuki Swift Insurance Quote
Reach out to an independent insurance agent today to get a quote for insurance on your Suzuki Swift. An independent insurance agent has the ability to shop dozens of insurance companies, ultimately providing you with the most affordable and comprehensive auto insurance.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
carsguide.com.au, Statista, comparethemarket.com