Your limousine customers turn to you for reliable service, whether to get them to the airport or to transport their party guests around town.
As long as you manage the demands of traffic congestion, flight delays and important customers, you will continue to be in business. When you have a problem with your limo, you need to be able to fix it quickly and be back on the road as soon as possible.
You also need to be covered if a serious incident leaves you and your drivers exposed to a large liability claim. All of these issues make it important to have the right limo insurance in place.
Our independent agent matching tool will find you the best insurance solution in your area. Tell us what you're looking for and we'll recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will only be sent to the agent you pick.
How to Save Money on Your Limo Insurance
- Hire experienced and qualified drivers with an excellent driving record
- Maintain a good credit score
- Require all drivers take a safe driving course
- Find discounts you qualify for, such as claims-free discounts
How Is Limousine Insurance Different?
Limousine insurance companies offer commercial auto insurance that matches the specific needs of limo services. Because your business involves the transportation of people in your car, van or limo, you need coverage that protects your passengers and covers your risk for a liability claim.
Your limo coverage may need to include:
- Personal injury limousine insurance: Personal injury insurance will cover the cost of accidents and injuries involving your limousine. This coverage can include medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages and even funeral expenses. It will typically also cover you for pedestrian accidents, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured and underinsured coverage: Uninsured/underinsured motorists insurance is an important coverage to consider including in your limousine insurance quotes. This coverage protects you in the event you or one of your drivers is in an accident caused by a driver who does not have adequate coverage to pay your costs. Many states make this insurance mandatory for limousine operators.
- Employment practices liability insurance: The limousine drivers for your car, van or limo should be covered by employment practice insurance. This type of insurance will protect your limousine company if one of your employees or chauffeurs accuses you of sexual harassment, discrimination or wrongful termination.
- Bodily injury insurance for limousine drivers: Whether or not your state requires bodily injury insurance, it is a good idea for your limo drivers to have this coverage in the event that they are at fault for an accident. The coverage will include legal fees if your limousine company is sued, as well as the more immediate medical and rehabilitation bills.
- Property damage liability: Your limousine insurance should include property damage liability to cover the cost of any property damage that you or your drivers cause while on the job. This portion of your policy will also cover the costs of legal fees, up to the limits of your policy, if the person with damaged property takes you to court.
Find Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Kind of Limousine Insurance Do I Need if I Hire Drivers?
The type and amount of limousine insurance you need will depend on variables such as the size of your company, the size of your fleet and the number of drivers you hire.
If you are a sole proprietor and you drive your own vehicle, your limo insurance quotes will be different from quotes for someone who has a fleet of cars or vans.
If your company hires drivers, you will need to satisfy state regulations for your limo insurance. These regulations typically include requirements for employment liability, bodily injury coverage and property damage liability.
You will also be subject to workers compensation requirements. Contact a local independent agent who specializes in commercial auto insurance for complete information on the requirements in your state.
How to Get Discounts on Limo Insurance
There are a few ways to get discounts on your limo insurance. Limo insurance companies may offer you various discounts depending on the specifics of your businesses. Some of the discounts you may qualify for include:
- Discounts for insuring multiple vehicles
- Claims-free discounts
- Good driver discounts
- Discounts for new business, and for renewing annually