When you bought your house, you probably didn’t say, “I’ll take it for the full asking price, please.” Because no one wants to pay full price for the things they want—people love discounts. Same goes for home insurance. Luckily, the idea of bundles was invented and now you can combine multiple types of insurance, like home and car, within one company and save big.
Our independent insurance agents can help you figure out if you’re leaving money on the table, and if bundling can help you get it back. They’ll help lower your bills and free up your budget for more important things, like a discounted doormat for your discounted house.
So let’s chat real quick about home insurance bundles, how to get them and why.
What Are Home Insurance Bundles?
Simply put, the more insurance policies you buy, the more you’ll save on each. Insurance companies want your business, so they’ll typically cut you a pretty solid deal if you get multiple types of insurance with their company. Combine your home insurance with another policy (or two, or three) and you could save big.
What Home Insurance Bundles Are Available?
You can pretty much combine home insurance with almost any other type of insurance to create a bundle, they all play quite well together. The most common groupings, though, are:
- Home and car: Besides cheese and burgers, car and home insurance is one of the best pairings out there, and that’s because it’s ridiculously easy to get. Have a car and house? You need to insure both. Might as well save while you’re at it.
- Home and life: This one’s a little trickier since life insurance sometimes works differently than property insurance and can be provided by a different company. It can absolutely be done, though. Since home and life are super-common, basic insurance types, it’s worth trying for savings.
- Home and business: Run a business? Own a home? Run a business out of your home, even? You can capitalize on all those things if you bundle home and business insurance.
- All of the above: Self-explanatory. Do you have a home, drive, breathe and own a business all at the same time? You could theoretically bundle everything for even bigger savings.
How Do I Get Home Insurance Bundles?
It’s super-easy. Bundling discounts offer great savings and are simple to get. Here’s how:
- Take stock (and notes): Do you already have a home insurance policy? What other policies would you like to bundle? Do your homework ahead of time to make Step 2 even easier.
- Have a heart-to-heart with an agent: Agents are experts who are there to do the hard work for you. Not sure if you want to stick with your current insurance company or switch? Not sure what coverage you need after all? Your agent will ask you some questions and figure it out for you.
- Compare wisely: Your agent will likely provide you with multiple insurance quotes. It’s tempting, but don’t go with the cheapest one automatically. Ask what discounts have been applied to each first. You could actually be getting more discounts and better coverage with a mid-range option.
- Celebrate: As long as you signed the papers and crossed your t’s you probably just got a bundling discount. It’s that simple. If not, we hope you found other discounts that made for an even better deal.
The Benefits of an Independent Insurance Agent
Now you know how bundles work, but your time is valuable. So why do all the hard stuff on your own? Our independent insurance agents stay on top of the industry and all the latest discounts so you don’t have to. That means they’ll help you find the right coverage for you at the right price.
They’re not just there at the beginning, either. If disaster strikes and you need to make a claim, they’ll help you meet deadlines and ensure you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.