AHRMA Insurance at a Glance
- The mission of the Affordable Housing Risk Management and Insurance Program (AHRMA Insurance Program) is to provide stable, reasonably priced insurance to affordable housing providers.
- Operated by the Assisted Housing Risk Management Association, the oldest housing authority pool in the nation
- Serves housing authorities, tax credit developments, limited liability corporations, limited partnerships, and nonprofits providing affordable and mixed-income housing and housing related services in the Midwestern market
- Program is underwritten by an AM Best A-Rated insurance company
AHRMA Pros: Program is underwritten by an AM Best A-Rated insurance company. The carrier’s governing body is comprised of executives, directors, and officers from housing entities throughout the Midwest. Online quotes for affordable housing unit owners. Provides an attorney hotline to help customers respond to complaints. Quotes provided by representative in Midwestern offices, near their customers.
AHRMA Cons: Not a BBB accredited business. Does not work with independent insurance agents. Limited product and service information available online.
What Type of Insurance Does AHRMA Offer?
AHRMA offers a full line of coverage products designed specifically for affordable housing providers, including the following.
- Property coverage
- General liability coverage
- Management liability coverage
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Owned automobile insurance
- Builders risk insurance
- Daycare liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Security liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Fiduciary liability insurance
This list of products offered by AHRMA is not exhaustive. You can find out more by calling the carrier.
What to Know about AHRMA
The mission of the Affordable Housing Risk Management and Insurance Program (AHRMA Insurance Program) is to provide stable, reasonably priced insurance to affordable housing providers. It is operated by the Assisted Housing Risk Management Association, the oldest housing authority pool in the nation.
AHRMA serves housing authorities, tax credit developments, limited liability corporations, limited partnerships, and nonprofits providing affordable and mixed-income housing and housing related services in the Midwestern market. The program is underwritten by an AM Best A-rated insurance company.
AHRMA offers service by a highly trained staff with over 100 years combined experience serving affordable housing providers. The company offers an attorney hotline that helps its customers respond to complaints before they go to court, and offers a lower deductible for these administrative claims. The company offers a wide range of property and casualty insurance products designed specifically for its customers. It knows the market and the risks its customers faces. AHRMA’s governing body is composed of executives, directors and officers from housing entities throughout the Midwest.
What Discounts Does AHRMA Offer?
AHRMA does not make information about its specific discounts or reward programs readily available.
AHRMA Customer Service
Customers can contact AHRMA in the following ways.
- Toll-free phone contact Monday–Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm CST
- Email contact
- Regular mail contact
|Monday-Friday||7:00 am - 7:00 pm CST|
The best place to get service for any insurance policy you have is by contacting your local independent insurance agent.
What is AHRMA’s average claim response time frame?
AHRMA promises prompt claims resolutions, but it does not specify an average claim response time.
What is AHRMA’s customer service availability?
AHRMA customer service can be contacted by phone, email, or regular mail. The carrier’s hours restrictions are not specified.
What is AHRMA’s claims process?
AHRMA’s website states that its “claims staff strives to minimize claim costs while providing excellent member service so that your claims are resolved in a timely manner and you can get back to business. We also have in-house counsel to handle litigation management.”
The company’s claims services include the following.
- Handle the claim from initial investigation to final settlement
- Provide onsite investigations to validate and assess damage on property and liability incidents
- Provide legal defense for all directors’ and officers’ liability claims and general liability claims
- Use highly regarded law firms to defend complaints for discrimination, fair housing, wrongful discharge, and bodily injury
- Provide claim activity reports to help members track losses and effectively implement prevention programs
- Conduct onsite claim reviews to summarize loss experience, update management on status of open claims, and address member concerns
Does AHRMA create a user-friendly experience for customers?
AHRMA’s website is very basic and provides limited information about products and services. Online quotes can be initiated online. There are no other online service options.
Does AHRMA have good insurance?
AHRMA offers a limited number of property and casualty for a very limited market: the affordable housing provider market. Its programs are underwritten by a highly rated insurer (not specified). Coverage options are fairly standard.
You can learn more about the carrier’s offering by visiting their website or speaking with a local representative by phone.
Is AHRMA a good insurance company?
AHRMA serves a very limited market, but has a great deal of expertise in the market that it serves. The company’s program is underwritten by an AM Best A-Rated insurance company. The carrier’s governing body is composed of executives, directors, and officers from housing entities throughout the Midwest. Its expertise in its specific industry makes it a good option for the types of customers that it serves.
AHRMA Customer Reviews
There are no customer reviews available for AHRMA.
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award AHRMA a final rating of 3.0 out of 5 stars. This is based on the carrier’s clear expertise in the market that it serves, along with the backing of an A-rated insurance company and the oldest housing authority pool in the nation.
Further evaluation, however, is difficult due to the limited amount of information available and the lack of customer reviews. If you need the type of insurance coverage offered by AHRMA, we recommend discussing it with your independent insurance agent and calling AHRMA for more information.
What’s more, you can search for insurance companies that work with independent insurance agents by using our online insurance company directory. It can help you find the best insurance companies that specialize in your specific coverage needs. The company directory can also help you get connected to an agent near you.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.