It’s important to have quality insurance coverage that meets all your needs as much as possible. But even with the best policy, you might still be paying more than you really need to. Check out this handy bathroom reader’s guide to cutting your insurance costs by a ton and find out how you can start chopping your premiums today.
How Can You Determine if You’re Spending Too Much on Insurance?
There are a few easy ways to determine if you’re spending too much on your insurance, no matter what kind of coverage you have. Check out just a few of these tricks and keep them in mind when reviewing your policy.
- Take advantage of free online quotes: A great way to compare your coverage’s cost to similar policies is to use the free online quote option provided by many insurance companies on their websites. In just minutes, you’ll be able to tell if your premiums are comparable or way too high.
- Ask about discounts: Do you know if your insurance company offers discounts on your coverage? If not, then you’re certainly not taking advantage of them, if they exist. Be sure to ask for any and all available discounts for your coverage, because they might not have been mentioned or offered when you first bought the policy.
- You don’t have a deductible: One easy way to lower the cost of your insurance’s monthly premiums is to increase your deductible. If you’ve got a policy with a very low deductible or none at all, you could easily be overpaying each month.
- Ask an independent insurance agent: Independent insurance agents can quickly and easily compare your policy to others in your area and let you know if you’re overpaying. While they’re at it, they can also check to make sure your policy does everything for you that you need it to.
Though finding out if you’re overpaying for insurance can be quick and easy, unfortunately many policyholders don’t take the time to do it. Don’t make that same mistake, follow these simple tips ASAP and you could start saving some serious big bucks.
How Can You Save on Insurance?
Depending on the type of coverage you have, there are often many ways you can save money. Here are just a few easy ways to save on new or existing insurance.
- Bundle your coverage: Many insurance companies offer bundling discounts, sometimes as high as 25%, if you bundle two types of coverage like auto insurance and homeowners insurance together.
- Keep good credit: Having a good credit score can save you a lot of money on certain coverages, like car insurance. The higher your score, the lower your premium might be.
- Cut the fat: There’s no point in paying for coverage you don’t need or don’t use. If you’ve got a plan that includes a lot of bells and whistles that you’ve never taken advantage of, you might be able to pare down and save. An independent insurance agent can find out easily if you’ve got coverage you’re not using.
- Update your policy: Sometimes existing policies become more expensive than necessary over time because your lifestyle or other factors have changed. For example, if you bought life insurance when you had dependents living at home but now live alone, you can likely get a new, cheaper policy.
An independent insurance agent can help you complete any of these steps and inform you of plenty of other ways to quickly start saving on your insurance.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help You Cut Your Insurance Costs?
You don’t have to be alone when it comes to navigating the insurance world. Independent insurance agents can not only help when you’re searching for new coverage, but can also help you save on your current coverage. Here are just a few ways they can make your life easier and your insurance cheaper.
- They shop around: Independent insurance agents work for you, not for one specific company, so they’re able to browse a bunch of different options to find the right coverage at the best available rate.
- They know about discounts: Independent insurance agents know which companies offer what discounts on every coverage, and in meeting with you, they’ll be able to find out which ones you qualify for.
- They’re with you ‘til the end: Independent insurance agents are there for you throughout the life of your insurance policy. That means you can inform them when you’ve had any changes that could impact your coverage, and they’ll update your policy for you, possibly saving you money.
An independent insurance agent is your greatest ally when you want to save money on your insurance and when you want to find the right coverage. Not only are they familiar with insurance companies and rates, but they’re also insurance experts. That means they’ll not only find you the lowest rates, but also the type of coverage you really need.
Here’s How an Independent Insurance Agent Would Help
When it comes to helping insurance customers find the lowest rates on new coverage or save money on an existing policy, no one’s better equipped to help than an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents search through multiple carriers to find providers who specialize in every type of insurance, deliver quotes from a number of different sources, and help you walk through them all to find the best blend of coverage and cost.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.