Tuscaloosa, AL, has 100,287 residents, making it a mid-sized town to own a business. There are 111 fatal accidents caused by commercial truck drivers alone. If you operate commercial autos in Tuscaloosa, coverage is necessary.
An independent insurance agent can help find a commercial auto policy that won't impact the bottom line. Coverage will need to comply with state law. Connect with a local expert to get tailored quotes.
Why Do Tuscaloosa, AL Businesses Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
The Alabama and federal governments regulate commercial auto coverage in Tuscaloosa. To better protect other drivers, the Alabama Highway Safety Office sets safe driving initiatives. According to their reports:
- In Alabama, almost 56% of road fatalities did not wear seat belts.
- 49% of all Alabama road fatalities occurred at night, including dusk and dawn.
- In Alabama, most fatal crashes occur on a Saturday.
- Friday is when most accidents occur in Alabama.
- A road accident in Alabama occurs every 197 seconds.
If your operation causes your drivers to cross state lines with loads, you'll have these responsibilities:
- Your commercial vehicle policy will need to meet Alabama and federal laws.
- Materials hauled will need to be accounted for by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and your insurance carrier.
What Are the Commercial Vehicle Coverage Requirements in Tuscaloosa, AL?
In Tuscaloosa, AL, you are required by law to carry the minimum liability limits of insurance. If you forgo proper coverage, you could face severe penalties or worse. Like all business policies, the right protection can make all the difference. Check out the state's requirements below:
Alabama's minimum liability requirements for commercial vehicles:
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
Alabama's DOT minimum liability requirements for oversized vehicles/loads:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $300,000 property damage liability per accident
- $1,000,000 if a combined single limit policy
How Much Does Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cost in Tuscaloosa, AL?
Commercial auto insurance is a $46.6 billion industry. Your business's commercial vehicle policy will be included in that figure. Check out the risk factors that companies use to determine your pricing below:
- Year, make, and model of all vehicles
- The radius in which you travel
- The number of drivers and their driving records
- What the vehicles are used for
- The coverage you choose
- Where you store the vehicles
- What safety measures you have in place
- The time of day or night these vehicles are driven
In addition to the above information, carriers will look at your insurance score as well. Personal data and outside factors drive your rates. To get exact pricing, you'll have to obtain current quotes.
What Else Does Tuscaloosa, AL Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cover?
A standard commercial auto policy in Tuscaloosa will have liability coverage. Everything else, you'll have to add in order to be protected. Take a look at the optional coverage choices below:
- Towing and roadside assistance: This will pay for a tow to pick up your disabled commercial auto.
- Rental car insurance: This covers the cost of renting a commercial vehicle while your company-owned auto is being repaired.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: If your commercial auto is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, this provides coverage for property damage and medical costs.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your commercial vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision accident.
- Collision insurance: This will replace or repair your commercial auto that is damaged due to an accident.
- Non-owned or hired auto liability insurance: If an employee or contractor uses a non-company-owned vehicle while doing business on your behalf, this will cover your exposure.
Why Work with an Independent Agent in Tuscaloosa, AL?
Commercial vehicle insurance is a mandatory policy in Tuscaloosa, AL. If you own and operate commercial autos, you'll be required to carry coverage. The right limits are necessary to avoid financial ruin, penalties, and more.
An independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium options. Since they have access to several carriers, you'll get the best coverage in town. Connect with a local adviser on TrustedChoice in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.