Referred to as The Golden Heart of Alaska, Fairbanks still retains its frontier feel. This city has grown to be the focal point for this area of the state. As more tourists come every year to enjoy this unique city, it's important to make sure that you have a reliable car insurance policy.
An independent insurance agent can help you determine your personal vehicle coverage needs. They have relationships with numerous insurance companies, so they’ll be able to get you a competitive price. Contact a local agent today to start comparing Fairbanks car insurance quotes.
How Much Does Fairbanks, AK, Car Insurance Cost?
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Alaska average cost per year: $1,152
- Fairbanks, AK, average cost per year: $1,596
Car insurance in Fairbanks is slightly more expensive than the Alaska average. Your exact rate will be dependent on specific factors about you. Insurers will look at things like:
- Location: Insurers typically begin by asking for your ZIP code. This way they can tell the rate of stolen cars in your neighborhood. It also tells them if you live in a rural area or a more populated region.
- Age: Young and elderly drivers tend to pay more for their car insurance. That’s because insurers see them more at risk for a collision.
- Gender: Most insurers will base your rate upon your gender. Research has shown that males are more likely to get into an accident than women.
- Driving Record: If you’re a driver with a clean driver’s history, you’ll qualify for better rates and may also be eligible for a safe driver discount.
Before you purchase your car insurance policy, make sure you comparison shop to ensure the best deal. An independent insurance agent can do this job for you. They work with numerous insurance companies and can get you a competitive rate.
You’ll also want to talk with your independent agent about possible car discounts that you may qualify for. Discounts such as a multi-car policy, accident-free history, or even anti-theft devices installed in your car can help you save money.
Fairbanks, AK, Car Insurance Requirements
In Fairbanks, you are required to be insured. This way, if you get into an accident, you’ll be protected. Your car insurance must include a minimum liability coverage limit per accident:
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death, per person
- $100,000 for total bodily injury when multiple people are hurt
- $25,000 for property damage
This coverage will cover any third-party medical bills or injuries that you are found at fault for. Remember, this is the minimum amount of coverage that is usually adequate for low-to-moderate impact collisions. If you find yourself involved in a serious accident, and the expenses go beyond the minimum coverage amounts, you’ll be responsible for the rest of the bill. You can avoid this financial risk by purchasing additional coverage options.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Optional Car Insurance in Fairbanks, AK
Your liability policy only covers injury or property damage that you cause to others, not your own. It may be a good idea to purchase additional coverages to protect you financially.
- Collision: This will help pay for damage to your car after a collision with another car.
- Comprehensive: This will help you with damage to your car that result from events like weather, fire, and even animal crossings.
- Medical payments: If you are hurt in an accident, this will assist you with your medical costs.
- Roadside assistance: If you become stranded on the side of the road, this will cover the cost for a tow truck to come and save you.
Uninsured Drivers in Fairbanks, AK
Even though car insurance is required, many people still drive around without it. If you get into a car accident with someone who isn’t insured, it may take much longer to get reimbursed for the damage. With an uninsured motorist coverage, you’ll be covered from the financial responsibility, even if it’s a hit and run.
- National uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- Alaska uninsured motorists: 15.4%
Chat with an independent agent about making sure you covered if you get into an accident with someone who is uninsured.
Vehicle Theft Rate in Fairbanks, AK
The crime rate in your neighborhood will impact the cost of your car insurance policy.
(rate per 100,000 people)
- National vehicle theft rate: 228.9
- Alaska vehicle theft rate: 541.9
- Fairbanks vehicle theft rate: 486.8
With the crime rate so high in Fairbanks, it’s a smart idea to invest in a comprehensive car insurance policy. This will protect you against broken windows or even damaged locks. An agent can help figure out the potential risks you face and make sure you're protected.
How Can You Find Affordable Car Insurance in Fairbanks, AK?
Securing a reliable Fairbanks car insurance policy that meets both your coverage and your budget does not need to be a time-consuming process. An independent insurance agent will work with you to assess your coverage requirements and provide you with competitive quotes from numerous insurers. Connect with an independent agent to get started.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.