Whether you have just purchased your Anchorage mobile home, or you have enjoyed the Juneau mobile home community you've lived in for years but are looking for a new provider, finding the right mobile home insurance plan to protect your Alaska residence is a must. Use our independent agent matching system, to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our search engine will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties. Before you search for mobile home insurance quotes, however, there are several factors to keep in mind.
What Is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile home insurance operates much like any other insurance policy. You pay a monthly or annual premium, and should a fire, break-in, or other covered events occur, the Alaska insurance company you choose to purchase the policy from can help you make needed repairs to your mobile home.
A comprehensive mobile home insurance policy can even help protect your finances and assets from lawsuit. Most Alaska insurance companies will offer the following coverage options as you build your mobile home insurance policy:
- Liability coverage: This can help pay for any injuries or property damage another person sustains while visiting your mobile home. It can also help protect your finances and assets should you face a lawsuit stemming from their injury or property damage.
- Property damage coverage: This can help pay for repairs to your mobile home should it be damaged by a fire, severe weather event, theft, or vandalism. Ideally, this coverage should be sufficient to replace your entire mobile home in the event it is completely destroyed.
- Personal property coverage: Sometimes called "contents coverage," this option can help repair or replace the items you keep inside your mobile home, such as appliances, electronics, jewelry, clothing, and more.
If you rent your Alaska mobile home, a renters insurance policy can give you similar protections.
Why Is Mobile Home Insurance Different?
Due to the fact that mobile and manufactured homes are constructed differently than site-built homes, Alaska insurance providers tailor a mobile home policy to meet your home's specific needs.
Mobile and manufactured homes are made with lighter weight materials and built-in factories. Then they are transported to the lot or building site where they are attached to the ground with anchors. Site-built homes are traditionally made of stronger materials and they are built upon a foundation. The differences between the two construction methods render mobile homes at higher risk of damage from strong winds and other severe weather events.
Unlike traditional site-built homes, mobile homes depreciate in value. The older the mobile home is, the more easily it is damaged by severe weather. For these reasons, Alaska insurance companies treat them differently than site-built homes. Modular homes, on the other hand, while still manufactured in a factory, are attached to their foundations. You may be able to secure a traditional homeowners policy if you live in a modular home.
What Will My Mobile Home Insurance Quote Look Like?
Most Alaska insurance companies take several factors into consideration as they calculate your mobile home insurance quote, including:
- Your location: Mobile homes in high-crime areas will see higher quotes than those in neighborhoods that experience few property crimes.
- Your home's age: Older mobile homes are more expensive to insure than newer mobile homes.
- Your home's value: The more valuable your home is, the higher the quotes you will see.
- The coverage options you choose: A policy that only includes limited liability and property damage coverage will see lower quotes than one with higher limits.
- The deductible you choose: While a higher deductible may result in lower quotes, be sure the deductible you choose is one you can comfortably afford to pay should you need to file a claim.
Because mobile and manufactured homes tend to have lower overall value than a modular or traditional home, their insurance costs tend to be lower. However, because mobile and manufactured homes are considered more risky to insure than modular homes, in some cases you will find that the premiums on a manufactured home policy with similar levels of coverage to a modular home will actually cost more.
Where Can I Find Mobile Home Insurance in AK?
Just like any homeowner, your Alaska mobile home is your castle and you want to protect it and yourself from adverse events. A mobile home insurance policy can help you recover quickly from a disaster. Knowledgeable, independent insurance agents on the TrustedChoice.com network are always available to answer your questions, suggest coverage options, and even assist you in filing a claim.
These agents have years of experience working with Alaska insurance companies, enabling them to find you a number of quotes with the best coverage options at the most affordable rates. Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent agent near you to find out how you can obtain a mobile home insurance policy that meets your needs and budget.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.