Small business owners in Mesa understand that having the right types of insurance can help them stay in business, even in the face of disaster. During troubled times, insurance helps these important companies continue to thrive and grow.
It's not easy to build an insurance package that meets the needs of your business without blowing your budget, but it can be done with help from an independent insurance agent. You need someone who works with you to identify the areas where your business needs the most protection.
Contact a Mesa independent insurance agent today to get started.
Why Do Businesses in Mesa, Arizona Need Liability Insurance?
Business liability insurance is a crucial component of a commercial insurance policy. Designed to cover court costs, financial damages, and legal fees for a covered event, this policy can protect your financial interests if your business is sued.
Not every insurance type is right for a single business, but you have a myriad of choices:
- Premises liability insurance: This covers illness, property damage, and third-party injuries resulting from an accident on your business property.
- Product liability insurance: This coverage handles third-party injuries, property damage, and illness caused by defective products sold, promoted or produced by your business.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This insurance policy handles expenses resulting from lawsuits if your business is accused of harassment, wrongful termination, breach of contract, or other illegal employment practices.
- Cyber liability insurance: This coverage helps provide financial reparations for your customers if their sensitive personal information is revealed as a result of hackers breaching your computer system.
- Pollution liability insurance: This policy covers damages and clean-up expenses if your business is responsible for an accident that results in the pollution of the air, water, or ground.
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This type of insurance is required in Arizona if you operate or own vehicles for business purposes. It can help cover your increased liability if you or an employee causes an accident.
Your agent in Mesa can help you understand how each of these options may or may not apply to your individual situation.
What Insurance Products Cover Your Mesa Business Property?
Earthquakes, volcanoes, and tornadoes are rare in Mesa. The risk of any of these hazards happening in Mesa is less than the national average. Between 1950 and 2010, there were a few dramatic weather events in Mesa, however.
- Thunderstorm Winds: 782
- Flood: 153
- Hail Storm: 141
Businesses in Mesa should consider insurance that would help protect them from damage resulting from flooding, wind, and hail. Commercial property insurance is a great option, but it's important to note that it doesn't cover you for flooding.
Commercial flood insurance is an important addition to business insurance in Mesa, AZ. It's also important to evaluate whether other specialized property insurance policies could benefit your small business.
- Inland marine insurance: This insurance covers business property that's portable while in transit or in storage away from your place of business.
- Boiler & machinery insurance: This policy covers replacement or repair of your furnace and other machinery as well as any business losses resulting from machinery malfunction.
- Bailee's insurance: This insurance covers your customers' property while it is in your care or on your property.
Your agent can help you understand your options and make sure you have all the coverage you need.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Why Is Business Interruption Insurance a Good Idea in Mesa, AZ?
Major weather events or a fire can damage more than your building and property. It takes time to rebuild, and during that process, you may have to shut down your business.
Closing your business could be financially devastating, but business interruption insurance can help you continue receiving income so you can pay your monthly bills and even keep your employees while you repair your property.
Most small businesses can't withstand being forced to close for an extended period of time, so this type of coverage is an important part of your business insurance policy. Talk with your agent about how business interruption insurance could help you stay on track financially if you are faced with a tragedy that forces you to close your business to make repairs.
Do Businesses in Mesa Need Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
As a Mesa business owner, you must provide a healthy and safe workplace. Even so, accidents happen and workers can be injured.
In Arizona, employers must provide workers' compensation insurance for their employees. The state has a no-fault system that dictates that an employee will receive benefits if they are injured on the job no matter who is at fault. If their illness or injury is job-related, they will receive medical benefits and may even get temporary income replacement if requirements are met.
Your independent insurance agent in Mesa can help you understand how your state's workers' compensation laws may apply to your business. They can give you the information you need to stay in compliance and help you find a policy that meets Arizona's requirements while staying within your business's budget.
Workers' compensation insurance rates are based on the likelihood that your employees will be injured on the job. For example, it costs more to insure a forklift operator then it does a cashier at a grocery store.
Your agent can help you review the possible dangers and match you with an insurance company specializing in covering your type of business.
What about Insurance Products for Employee Benefits Packages?
It's no secret that health care coverage is expensive, but for small businesses, offering a solid health insurance package to employees is a great way to invest in the future of a company.
You have a lot of options when it comes to life insurance and health insurance products. It can be difficult to choose a policy that meets the needs of your employees and helps to attract some of the best talent in Mesa.
Your local Independent Insurance agent can help you fully understand your options. Talk with them about the benefits you'd like to offer your current and future employees and let them match you with an insurance company that meets your needs.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Mesa, AZ?
Every business has needs that are specific to its goals and current circumstances. Business owners have the ability to fully customize commercial insurance coverage, but many don't understand how to take advantage of this opportunity. An independent insurance agent makes shopping for coverage simple by offering the help you need and quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Find an independent insurance agent In Mesa to get the best combination of business insurance coverage and fair rates.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.