California is a wonderful place to visit -- from the palm tree-lined roads in Southern California to the lush, green forests of Northern California -- and many visitors make the decision to retire in the Golden State.
One big drawback of living in California is the high cost of living. Californians pay some of the highest prices in the nation for homes, insurance, gas and rent. Many California residents find mobile homes the perfect answer to their housing needs. It's crucial, however, for residents of mobile homes in CA to carry insurance on their mobile home, in order to protect them from the disasters that can occur.
Mobile Home Facts in California
- The average price of a mobile home in California is $98,200.
- In 2013, 2,200 brand new mobile homes were purchased in California.
- 3.9 percent of housing in California is mobile homes.
- In 2012, there were over 502,000 mobile homes in California.
There are many mobile home parks in California, and the residents enjoy benefits like swimming pools and community get-togethers. There are a large number of mobile home communities near some of California's most beautiful and popular attractions, such as San Francisco and Hollywood.
What Is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile home insurance is a set of policies put together in order to offer residents protection from some of the most prevalent incidents that can occur. A typical mobile home insurance policy may include the following:
- Liability coverage: This is designed to help you when you're found responsible or at fault for injury to someone else or damage to someone else's property. In the case of a lawsuit, liability insurance can help with legal defense, legal fees and settlements.
- Property damage: If your mobile home is damaged by an incident such as fire, wind, hail, or vandalism, this can help get your the repairs you need.
- Personal property: This coverage is designed to help cover your personal belongings within the mobile home against damage from incidents like vandalism, theft, fire, wind and hail.
- Medical payments: If someone is injured on your property and needs medical attention, this coverage may help pay those expenses.
Other types of coverage are available, so it's always recommended that you get at least two quotes in order to find the best coverage for your individual situation and risks.
Mobile Home vs. Manufactured Home vs. Modular Home
Manufactured homes and mobile homes are insured differently from modular homes. Typically, mobile homes and manufactured homes are insured more like a vehicle, since they can be moved and relocated.
A modular home is insured much like a conventional home, since it is constructed similar to a conventional home, by bringing the home in piece by piece and building it on a foundation.
Each of these types of homes can be insured, but it's important to know the difference when shopping for insurance.
How Much Is a Mobile Home Insurance Quote in CA?
A mobile home insurance policy quote will vary in price, depending on a number of factors. When shopping for mobile home insurance, be aware of the following:
- Type of mobile home
- Location of mobile home
- Condition of mobile home
- Age of mobile home
- Number of residents
- Whether electrical/plumbing is up to code
- If fire sprinklers/fire abatement equipment is installed
- If mobile home will be moved
- Value of assets
- Desired coverages
- Desired deductible
Each of these factors, plus many more, will be taken into consideration before offering you a quote, in order to get you the best policy for your individual situation.
Purchasing Mobile Home Insurance in California is Simple
Whether you're looking to purchase mobile home insurance for the first time, or are trying to find lower rates on your current coverage, a Trusted Choice® agent is always available to help. A Trusted Choice agent is committed to getting you the best coverage at the right price.