Brighton, CO, is right outside of Denver and has a small city feel. It's known for its quaint atmosphere and laid-back pace. This family-friendly town is high on the list of quality places to live.
If you're one of the city's 40,562 residents, you'll want car coverage. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent has options on policy and price. Get with a local expert in minutes to begin your policy search.
How State Limits Might Not Be Enough in Brighton, CO
Like worker's compensation insurance, you're mandated to carry auto coverage in Brighton, CO. With regulated policies, you'll want to make sure you have the right adviser to help. Check out the required auto insurance for Brighton, CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
Even though some coverage is better than nothing, minimum limits of liability are usually not enough. If you want to have the right amount of insurance for a claim, speak with a professional about your policy. A Brighton independent agent can review your current policy for free.
How Optional Insurance Coverage Can Help in Brighton, CO
Your car's insurance policy has liability coverage, and that's pretty much it. If you want insurance for your vehicles and other items, you'll need to add it. Get with an independent agent to review your policy coverages. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining car loan balance and its market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 13.1% in Colorado.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event like a hailstorm, fire, or vandalism.
If you're driving with a liability-only policy, you'll need to have coverage for the what-ifs. Luckily, an adviser can do a full policy review at no cost. Speak with a Brighton independent agent to get the optional protection you need.
Will Your Brighton, CO Car Policy Insure Uber Services?
Personal auto insurance excludes coverage for rideshare services. If you're using a personal vehicle to drive for Uber, you may not have coverage. A local adviser can help with policy options.
Since you're operating a business, you'll need commercial auto insurance. This policy type will protect your exposures and your customers. Connect with a Brighton independent agent for quotes.
How to Get Reduced Premiums on Your Car Insurance in Brighton, CO
Carriers use your personal data to determine your premiums. While you'll have control over some factors, others you will not. Check out things insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
Local crime is one item you won't have control over. It will impact your premiums positively or negatively. In the meantime, let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Colorado average: 380.50
- Brighton average: 386.90
If you want to cut costs right away, speak with a professional about bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you'll get the best savings. Speak with a Brighton independent agent for details.
How a Brighton, CO Independent Insurance Agent Can Help
If you want a car policy that won't cost a fortune, an independent insurance agent can help. They work with several carriers, so you don't have to. An agent shops on your behalf at no cost, saving you time and money.
When you want the best coverage for an affordable price, get an adviser. TrustedChoice has a network of 252 local experts in Colorado ready to assist. You can use the find-an-agent resource to begin.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.