Wheat Ridge, CO, is known as the Carnation City and houses the largest number of carnations in the world. Close to Denver, Wheat Ridge is a charming mountain town. With over 31,294 residents, Wheat Ridge is a mid-sized place to live.
If you drive these scenic streets, you'll need car coverage. An independent insurance agent has access to several carriers, giving you options. Connect with a local expert to find the best and most reliable policy for you.
How State Minimum Limits May Not Be Enough in Wheat Ridge, CO
Minimum limits in Wheat Ridge, CO, are required to use the roads. When you're mandated to carry certain amounts of coverage, you should seek an adviser. Check out the required auto insurance for Wheat Ridge, CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
Though minimum limits supply some coverage, they usually aren't adequate for any decent-sized claim. Another way to ensure you're getting the right insurance is through an umbrella policy. This will help pay for a larger loss when your underlying coverage is exhausted. Speak with a Wheat Ridge independent agent for more information.
How Optional Coverages Can Protect in Wheat Ridge, CO
Car insurance comes with liability limits at the lowest level. Anything more needs to be added to the policy. Fortunately, an independent agent can help review coverage and policy. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 13.1% in Colorado.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
Your auto insurance needs to cover your assets. If you're cruising on a liability-only policy, you could be missing some key protection. Contact a Wheat Ridge independent agent to discuss.
How to Save on Your Wheat Ridge, CO, Car Insurance
Your car insurance premiums are affected by numerous factors. Carriers use personal data and outside resources to determine rates. Check out rating factors that the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
Local crime and catastrophes are factors you won't have control over. They should be considered when you're shopping for coverage. In the meantime, let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- Colorado average: 380.5
- Wheat Ridge average: 696.3
One way you can cut costs right away is by bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance, you'll get a massive discount. Connect with a Wheat Ridge independent agent for more details.
Rideshare Services and Your Wheat Ridge, CO, Auto Policy
Rideshare services and livery-for-hire are prohibited on personal auto insurance. To have coverage for Uber or Lyft services, you'll need a commercial auto policy. This will protect you from all the what-ifs.
Since you operate a business, you'll need coverage for your operation. A commercial auto policy will insure your interests as well as your passengers. Talk with a Wheat Ridge independent agent for more details.
How a Wheat Ridge, CO, Independent Insurance Agent Can Help
If you're searching for a car policy that won't break the bank, get an independent insurance agent. They have access to dozens of markets, giving you options. When your coverage needs to be accurate and sufficient, a trusted adviser can help.
To have the best policy for a competitive price, you'll want a professional. Independent agents work on your behalf at no cost to you. Go to TrustedChoice.com to connect with a local expert today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.