Located just seven miles outside Denver, the municipality of Arvada is a great place for families and for those who work in the city but prefer to live in a small-town environment. If you own a house in this bedroom community, you can protect your investment by purchasing a comprehensive and reliable homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your Arvada home. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more, and you can soon start comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes from a variety of highly rated insurers.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Arvada, CO?
The good news for those looking for home insurance coverage in Arvada is that the average cost for coverage in this city is lower than the average cost in the state and in the nation as a whole.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- Colorado average yearly premium: $1,383
- Arvada average yearly premium: $1,035
Actual home insurance costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis according to a number of different factors such as:
- The size, age, and value of your home
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g., single-family detached home, condo, manufactured home, vacation home, etc.)
- The number of stories in your home and whether it has a basement
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with another policy like car insurance
Comparing quotes enables you to choose the homeowners policy that offers you the best coverage at the lowest price. Independent insurance agents in Arvada make comparison shopping easy.
Does Arvada Homeowners Insurance Cover against Catastrophic Events?
Your homeowners insurance policy is designed to cover you against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a property owner in Arvada. This includes a wide range of catastrophic events, including residential fires and tornadoes.
You will want to be sure that your dwelling and contents coverage limits are high enough to enable you to rebuild or replace in the event of a disaster.
Catastrophic Events in Colorado
- Number of federally declared disasters in Colorado: 83
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Fires and Floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Colorado: 49.5
- Average amount of property damage per year in CO: $1.75 billion
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Residents of Arvada are most at risk for damage caused by windstorms, hail, lightning, heavy snows, and freezing temperatures. Also, the risk of tornado activity in the Arvada area is 20% greater than the overall US average.
Floods also pose a threat in this municipality, especially for property owners near Ralston Creek or Croke Canal. Unfortunately, homeowners insurance does not cover against this hazard. If your home is at risk for flood damage, an independent insurance agent can help you supplement your coverage with an affordable flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Why Do Arvada Homeowners Need Liability Insurance?
Liability lawsuits can happen to anyone, and they can be very expensive. Large financial losses could potentially cause you to lose your home. That is why all home insurance policies include liability coverage.
Homeowners liability insurance is designed to cover the various expenses that you may accrue if you are responsible for damage related to a covered event. Some examples of situations in which this personal liability coverage can protect you include:
- A visitor in your home trips on loose carpeting on your stairway and suffers a serious back injury.
- You accidentally injure someone during a friendly game of volleyball at Countryside Park.
- Your child breaks your neighbor’s picture window while playing ball in your back yard.
- Your dog manages to get loose and bites a jogger.
- A local business sues you for libel because of a negative review you posted on social media.
An independent insurance agent in Arvada can explain your homeowners liability coverage in greater detail. If you wish to have higher liability limits than your home insurance provider will allow, your agent can also help you obtain a competitively priced umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is an affordable way to boost all of your liability coverage.
Does Arvada Homeowners Insurance Cover against Burglaries?
The burglary rate in Colorado is lower than the national average, and in Arvada, the rate is even lower. This is not to say that the risk does not exist. Residents of this township report about 350 burglaries a year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Colorado: 4.31
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Arvada: 2.71
It can be very stressful to be the victim of a property crime. However, you may take some comfort in knowing that in the event of a burglary, your homeowners insurance can reimburse you for the loss of your belongings and any resultant property damage.
You can lower your risk of being targeted by thieves by taking precautionary steps such as making sure all windows and doors can be securely locked, keeping entryways well-lit and unobstructed, and putting lights on timers and stopping mail delivery while you are away.
The most effective theft deterrent is a burglar alarm. That’s why many insurance companies offer discounts to policyholders who have home security systems installed in their houses. Learn more about this and other potential discounts by talking to your local insurance agent.
What about Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance?
If you are among the Arvada residents who own more than one home, you will need to cover all of your properties with an appropriate home insurance policy. Houses that do not serve as your primary residence often have additional risks that insurance companies will take into consideration. This means that specialized insurance products may be necessary.
- Second homes that are occupied by tenants have higher liability and property damage risks. These houses require the specialized coverage offered by landlord insurance.
- Vacation homes that are left unoccupied for long periods throughout the year have an increased risk of break-ins and property damage. Vacant home insurance may be required while the house is not in use.
An independent insurance agent can help you review the coverage needs of all your residential properties and can assist you with finding the best and most affordable policies to insure them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Arvada, CO?
The easiest way to find a great homeowners policy is by working with an independent insurance agent. These agents work for you, not for a specific insurance company, so you can be sure that you are getting trustworthy guidance as you shop for the coverage you need for your Arvada home.
Independent agents in Arvada are ready to help. Contact an insurance agent near you to start comparing customized home insurance quotes.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.