Cape Coral offers some of Florida's most beautiful views of the Gulf Coast along with endless opportunities for water sports, golf, and outdoor entertainment. Small businesses love the Cape Coral area because of the constant flow of tourist traffic and the endless opportunities to make new connections. Florida is one of the best states for small businesses, with numerous incentives to make starting your company a little easier. Recently, there were 2,180,556 small businesses in Florida offering employment to 3,000,167 residents. And during the same year, small businesses received $19,737,799 in payouts.
If you decide to start a new business in Cape Coral, FL, make sure you are prepared with comprehensive Cape Coral business insurance. Our experienced Independent Insurance Agents know the ins and outs of commercial insurance and can guide you toward the most important coverage options at affordable prices. Our agents can quote from multiple policies, giving you maximum options with minimum hassle.
Most small businesses start their search for commercial insurance by looking for liability coverage. There are three types of liability insurance you can choose from as you build your customized policy with the help of a reliable agent.
- General Liability: General liability coverage will offer protection if you are ever faced with personal injury claims. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. You can be prepared by selecting general liability coverage in advance to protect your small business.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards and 53 percent of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. Would your business be able to handle a court order to pay out $1 million settlement? If not, you need the protection of product liability to cover the costs if this ever happens to your company.
- Professional Liability: Does your business offer a public service rather than physical products? If so, professional liability is the best fit for your company. This kind of coverage will protect your business against negligence claims or lawsuits related to your advice.
Business Interruption Insurance for Small Business
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Florida gross state product in recent years: 2.2%
- The recent GSP was 0% lower than the previous GDP
Cape Coral has a long track record for hurricanes and tropical storms. A local storm could cause you to have to shut down operations for a few days or even weeks, which equates to lost profits that could make a serious dent in your bottom line at the end of the year. Interruption insurance offers a way to be paid for those profits when an eligible interrupting event is at fault.
Property Insurance for Small Business
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
If you don't have property insurance and a hurricane sweeps through Cape Coral, would you be able to afford repairs to your business? Last year, businesses were faced with $9.7 billion in uncovered property damage. Make sure you have adequate coverage to pay for damage repairs if a coastal storm wreaks havoc in your community.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Employee Coverages for Small Business
- Total recent spending on premiums in Florida: $3,131,293
- Ranked 49th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,408/person or $16,070/family
- Average national cost of workers' compensation per employee: $612
Cape Coral business insurance should include the best employee coverages, but it can be confusing to find the right policy options. Our independent insurance agents can help you navigate the complicated realm of employee coverage and find health care, life insurance and workers' compensation for the staff that you depend on day in and day out.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Small Business
- 37,059 Identity theft complaints in Florida in recent years
- Ranked highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Cybercrime is a growing problem nationwide, but it has hit Florida businesses particularly hard. Research shows that only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place for cyber-attacks. If your business isn't already thinking about this potential problem, you might be an easy target. Talk to an agent about how cybercrime coverage can protect your business from this serious threat.
If you're looking for comprehensive Cape Coral business insurance at an affordable price, turn to our expert independent insurance agents. Our friendly agents will offer quotes from multiple providers, giving you the most options, all from one convenient place. Contact an agent today to learn more about Cape Coral commercial insurance and to find the policy that is right for your small business.