Located between Tampa and Orlando, the gorgeous city of Winter Haven, FL has become a popular destination for tourists. This city features the largest LEGOLAND on earth along with hundreds of hotels, shops, and restaurants. Small businesses thrive in this area with nonstop access to curious tourists looking for souvenirs and family fun. In previous years, there were 2,180,556 small businesses in Florida, providing employment to 3,000,167 people. Of course, owning a business also carries some heavy risks.
Recently, loss payouts to Florida businesses totaled $19,737,799. The best way to minimize your risk is with Winter Haven business insurance. Independent Insurance Agents offer one-on-one support to small businesses that are searching for affordable commercial insurance options. Our friendly agents will answer your questions, provide you with multiple rate quotes and help you build a customized business insurance policy that protects your company against Winter Haven’s biggest threats.
Liability lawsuits can be a nightmare for small businesses that don’t have the financial resources to pay out settlements or mount an aggressive legal defense. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Take time to prepare your Winter Haven business by adding general liability insurance to your commercial insurance policy.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. Would your company be prepared to handle this kind of financial burden? Lawsuits can happen to anyone, so make sure you’re ready with a product liability policy on your side.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: E&O Liability insurance offers a blanket of protection against allegations of errors or omissions. If your business ever faces a client lawsuit, this policy provides you with the resources you need to reach a settlement, pay your legal fees and move on without losing your business in the process.
Business Interruption Insurance for Winter Haven Businesses
- Recently Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recently Florida gross state product: 2.2%
Winter Haven’s long history of tumultuous weather leaves many small businesses fearful. If a serious storm comes through and damages your business, will you be able to recover after shutting down operations for weeks to make repairs? Business interruption insurance is a lifesaving option for small businesses in Winter Haven. After a disaster, this policy compensates you for lost revenue so you can get back on your feet without suffering a major financial loss.
Property Insurance for Winter Haven Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
As a coastal city, Winter Haven frequently deals with flooding, high winds and torrential rainfall. There have been 66 hurricanes recorded in this area since 1930, and each year brings a whole new season of severe weather threats. Property insurance gives you peace of mind that you always have the money needed to make repairs. After the storm passes through, you file a claim and let your commercial insurance policy handle the rest.
Workers' Compensation for Winter Haven Businesses
Before you start bringing in employees, you need workers' compensation insurance. This commercial insurance policy protects against lawsuits after work-related illnesses or injuries. If an employee gets hurt at work, your workers' comp plan steps up to pay for medical care and lost wages. You'll have peace of mind that you won’t face a lawsuit and your employees will get the care they need after a serious accident.
Employee Coverages for Winter Haven Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Florida: $3,131,293
- Ranked 49th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,408/person or $16,070/family
The climbing cost of health care has led many small businesses to dismiss the thought of offering employee health and life insurance. However, much of the workforce is looking specifically for jobs that offer these benefits. Our independent insurance agents can help you find affordable employee coverages no matter what kind of budget you’re working with. Our friendly agents provide quotes on multiple policies so you can choose a low-cost plan that will work for your company’s unique financial situation.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Winter Haven Businesses
- 37,059 identity theft complaints in Florida in recent years
- Ranked #1 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Florida has more identity theft complaints than any other state in the country. Yet small-business owners often neglect to consider the potential losses that can come with a cyber attack or data breach. Only 22 percent of small business have a response plan prepared in case of cyber crimes, leaving them completely defenseless against hackers with malicious intent. Consider adding cyber crime insurance to your business insurance policy to protect your business assets and keep your company secure even if you do get targeted by a hacker.
Our independent insurance agents understand that there is no one-size-fits-all business insurance policy. Every company is different and faces unique challenges and risks. Our experienced agents will help you build a customized commercial insurance plan that addresses your biggest concerns. Whether you’re worried about liability lawsuits or you’re fearful of cyber attacks, our independent insurance agents can help.
Contact an agent to get more information on Winter Haven commercial insurance, and receive a free rate quote today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.