Fort Lauderdale Car Insurance
Find the right car insurance policy for you.
In the middle of a bustling vacation paradise, Fort Lauderdale, FL is home to more and more people every day. You need to have a car to get around and enjoy the beaches and other great features of this beautiful life, however. With tremendous tourist traffic and crowded roads it can be hard to get around – and even dangerous at times when the “snowbirds” clog the roads. You need reliable car insurance to protect yourself.
This is why an Independent Insurance Agent is so vital to finding the right Fort Lauderdale car insurance. They will get to know your needs and find the right coverage for your vehicle at the best possible price by obtaining multiple quotes from many different insurance agencies. You can then compare and select for yourself and drive with confidence, knowing you are covered no matter how crazy traffic gets.
For all the reasons above, and more, car insurance is expensive in Florida. A quick comparison to national averages from recent years shows this:
- The U.S. average is $1,311 per year for car insurance premiums.
- In Florida, the average is $1,742 every year.
- This ranks the state fifth overall.
- There was a total of $19,737,799 in claimed car insurance losses in Florida alone.
Car insurance is for more than just shiny new cars that you want to keep looking their best as you cruise the local scene. In the event of a crash, the potentially high bills can exceed the value of your car in case you are injured. The right coverage to protect you in case you are badly injured in an accident is absolutely essential in Fort Lauderdale because you never know just how bad it can be.
Florida Car Insurance Requirements
The state of Florida requires all cars on the road to be insured, with certain minimums for protection in key areas. These are the minimum requirements:
- Bodily Injury Liability: State law requires a minimum of $10,000 per person covered and a minimum of $20,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: The state requires a minimum of $20,000 in protection against damage to any property in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required for all motorists, with a minimum of $10,000 in protection against injury.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Coverage against uninsured drivers is required in Florida, but it is important for reasons discussed below.
In addition to the required coverage on every vehicle and driver, you may want to have a comprehensive policy that protects every part of your car against any damage. These protections often include full replacement for any reason, including vandalism and theft, which will keep your car looking great no matter what happens.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Florida
Despite the laws requiring insurance, the sometimes wild and crazy roads of Fort Lauderdale include a large number of drivers who don’t have any. That is why protection against uninsured drivers is critical. These are the stats:
- Nationally, about 12.6% of all drivers carry no insurance.
- In Florida, that figure is a staggering 23.8%.
If you are in an accident with a driver who has no insurance, your policy will have to cover you. With the odds of this happening being nearly one in four, it’s important to carry insurance to protect not just your car but also any medical bills that result from the accident. Though not required by state law, uninsured motorist coverage is vital.
Number of Auto Thefts in Florida
The rate of car thefts in Florida is a bit lower than the national average:
- Nationally, there were 2.94 thefts per 1,000 cars in recent years.
- In Florida, the rate is 2.46 per 1,000 cars.
It’s still important to protect yourself against theft no matter what, and the right comprehensive policy for your needs will do just that. You also can take precautions against theft, such as using your car alarm and always parking somewhere that is well-lit or has a lot of people around at all times. While it’s not a serious problem on average, some makes and models of cars are targeted more heavily by thieves, so ask your agent if you have to be especially careful.
Find a Great Fort Lauderdale Car Insurance Policy
With all of the choices and requirements for car insurance, it’s hard to find the right policy for your car and your lifestyle on your own. Talk to an independent insurance agent about your options; your agent can then find the quote that fits your needs and your budget.