Titusville is a small Florida city, but the roads in this area are sometimes congested. This is due in part to tourism and in part to traffic that passes through while traveling on Interstate 95 and Route 1. Local roads like the Max Brewer Memorial Parkway and Garden Street sometimes see a lot of traffic as well. Because mistakes made by other drivers in Titusville, FL can lead to your being in an accident, it is important that you practice defensive driving and that you protect your finances with a suitable Titusville auto insurance policy.
Car insurance is required of vehicle owners in Titusville. Independent Insurance Agents can help you review and compare a selection of customized policies so you can find affordable coverage that best meets your coverage and budgetary needs. Find an agent near you to learn more about your Titusville car insurance options.
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Florida average cost per year: $1,742
- 5th most expensive auto premium in the U.S.
Unfortunately for those looking to buy a Titusville car insurance policy, Florida’s drivers pay some of the highest car insurance rates in the country. Of course, your actual rates are likely to differ from the prices shown above because insurance companies calculate costs individually, based on several different factors. These may include such things as the following:
- The ZIP code where you live and where you park your car (e.g., garage, street, driveway, carport, lot)
- The make, model, year and other information about the vehicle(s) you are insuring as indicated by their vehicle identification numbers (VIN)
- The age, sex, marital status and driving history of all drivers in your household unless they are specifically being excluded from coverage on your policy
- The approximate number of miles your vehicle is driven each month
- Your claims history and credit score
- The amount of liability coverage you wish to purchase and any coverage options you wish to include
- The amount of your deductible
- Your bundling options (i.e., whether you will also be purchasing other policies, such as life home or renters insurance)
Because so many different considerations can go into calculating your price for Titusville auto insurance, you are likely to receive a different quote from each insurer that you contact. Comparison shopping can, therefore, help you find the policy that offers the best value for your hard-earned money.
Florida Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 10/20/10: Coverage up to $20,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $10,000 for one individual, and $10,000 coverage for property damage
Florida drivers who have been convicted of a DUI are assigned much higher minimum liability coverage requirements of 100/300/50. Driving without insurance that meets Florida’s state-mandated requirements can result in the suspension of your plates, registration and driver’s license until you have provided proof of insurance and paid a fine ranging from $150 to $500.
Florida has some of the lowest minimum coverage requirements in the country, and this can help to keep your costs low. However, if you carry only the minimum coverage and you are responsible for a collision that causes others significant injuries and property damage, you are very likely to exceed these low coverage amounts. In that case, you are responsible for making up the difference, which can be a large financial burden. That is why it is often a very good idea to purchase coverage that greatly exceeds these minimums — especially if you have valuable assets, like a house or savings, that you wish to protect.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Florida
- Number of uninsured U.S. drivers: 12.6%
- Number of uninsured Florida drivers: 23.8%
The state of Florida has the second-highest rate of uninsured drivers in the county. Nearly one in four motorists in this state are driving without insurance, and this puts law-abiding citizens like you at an increased risk of financial losses. This is because if an uninsured driver is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, that person is required to reimburse you for your resultant property damage and medical treatment. Unfortunately, collecting these funds can often be time-consuming and difficult, if not impossible. Even with a court order, if the responsible driver simply does not have the assets to seize, you may never see any compensation at all.
That is why adding the optional uninsured motorist coverage to your Titusville auto insurance policy may prove to be a very good idea. When you have this coverage, you collect compensation from your insurance company following an accident with an uninsured driver. Your insurer then goes after the offending driver on its own behalf. This insurance also covers damage and injuries that result from collisions with hit-and-run drivers.
Number of Auto Thefts in Florida
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Florida number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.48
The rate of car theft in Florida is lower than the national average, but it is a bit higher in Titusville. In previous years, for instance, there were 133 car thefts reported in this city. That equates to about 3.00 thefts per 1,000 vehicles — just a bit over the national rate. If your car is stolen, you will not be able to get compensation for your loss unless you have included the optional comprehensive (or “other than collision”) insurance with your Titusville car insurance. This coverage compensates you if your car is stolen or if it is damaged by other noncollision catastrophes, such as by falling objects, sinkholes, floods, vandalism and fires.
Find an Affordable Titusville Car Insurance Policy
When you are shopping for Titusville car insurance, you will want to be sure that you are purchasing your policy from a trustworthy provider and that you are getting your coverage at a reasonable rate. Our agents make reviewing and comparing car insurance rates easy. They have relationships with a number of reputable insurance companies, so they can quickly present you with a variety of customized Titusville auto insurance quotes from which to choose.
Find an agent with an office in the Titusville area to get started.