Columbus has seen population growth in recent years. According to the most recent census, this city’s metropolitan area includes approximately 70,000 households of which 44.7 percent included married couples and 34.6 percent included children. If your household includes family members or others who are financially dependent on you, you may want to give serious consideration to a Columbus, GA life insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents in the Trusted Choice® network can help you choose a life insurance policy that can help you prepare for the future. These professionals can help you assess your coverage needs and can explain your options. Because they work with several different insurance companies, they can provide you with multiple Columbus life insurance quotes. Contact an agent in your neighborhood today to learn more.
- Life expectancy for males:
- In the United States: 76.2 years
- In Georgia: 75.0 years
- In Muscogee County: 71.4 years
- Life expectancy for females:
- In the United States: 81.3 years
- In Georgia: 79.9 years
- In Muscogee County: 77.7
Why Purchase Columbus Life Insurance?
Unfortunately, accidents or illnesses can sometimes cut a life short. When this happens, those who are left behind often suffer financial as well as emotional devastation. If the unexpected happens to you and your family, a life insurance policy can protect your loved ones by providing a financial safety net.
Many people feel that they do not need to purchase a life insurance policy because they are still young and healthy. However, this is actually the best time to purchase a policy. As a young, healthy buyer, you are likely to lock in low rates. If you have just purchased your first home or have just started a family, this is the time in your life when you will need the life insurance protection most.
A life insurance policy can allow for your spouse to be able to remain in your home and your children to be provided for in the event that you are no longer around. Even if you do not receive an income but support your family by staying home to raise the children, you provide a service that your spouse may find difficult to afford in your absence without a life insurance policy in place.
Columbus Life Insurance Policy Types
When purchasing a life insurance policy, you must decide how much coverage you need and what type of policy to buy. There are two main policy types: term life and permanent life insurance. Each has its different advantages, as discussed below:
- Term life insurance: This type of policy is the least expensive to purchase, generally. These policies are purchased for a given number of years, usually in terms of 5 to 30 years. If you pass away during the course of the term, your beneficiaries will receive death benefits in the amount that you purchased. These policies have no cash value.
- Permanent life insurance: These policies include whole life and universal life insurance. The premiums on these policies are higher than those for term insurance, but permanent life insurance policies do not expire and can be used as an investment vehicle. The cash value of your policy can be used in some cases to pay for your premiums, or you can withdraw it to use as you please. Your premiums will remain at the quoted rate for as long as you pay them and keep the policy active.
The Columbus life insurance policy type works best for you depends mostly on your current financial situation and life circumstances. Ultimately, your personal preference will dictate your choice. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you make an informed decision by explaining the details of each policy type and answering your questions about each.
Is Columbus Life Insurance Expensive?
The cost of a life insurance policy can vary greatly from one person to the next. Your policy rates will be calculated after taking into account several factors. These include:
- Your age
- You and your family’s health history
- Whether or not you smoke
- Your occupation
- The amount of coverage you are purchasing
- The type of policy you are purchasing
You can discuss life insurance with an agent in the Trusted Choice network to get a better idea of what you might expect to pay for different policy types and coverage amounts, but a final quote will typically not be given to you until after you have taken a medical exam
Compare Columbus Life Insurance Quotes
Finding the right solution to your life insurance needs can be a difficult process, but discussing your options with an agent in the Trusted Choice network can help. These agents can help you determine how much insurance is enough and can answer your questions about policy types.
Member agents can be found in more than 27,000 locations nationwide, and several of these locations are right here in Columbus. Contact a local agent in the Trusted Choice network and start comparing Columbus life insurance quotes today.