Commercial vehicle insurance in Idaho covers cars, trucks, and any other vehicles used in business operations. Similar to personal auto insurance, commercial vehicle insurance provides liability, collision, comprehensive, personal injury, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, and more for the business owner.
Commercial vehicle insurance in Idaho must have the following types of coverage, at a minimum, for each business-owned vehicle:
- Bodily injury liability coverage:
- Pays for other drivers’ and passengers’ injuries when the policyholder is at fault in an accident.
- $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage:
- Pays for damage to someone else’s property when you are at fault for that damage.
Certain large vehicles, those that carry hazardous materials, and those that participate in interstate commerce may be required to carry higher liability limits.
Contact an independent insurance agent in Idaho to learn more about your commercial vehicle insurance options.