Metro East Car Insurance
How to get an expert's opinion
Metro East is made up of the eastern suburbs of St. Louis, IL. This part of the state sits along the bluffs of the Mississippi River. If you're one of the residents in this diverse city, you'll want protection.
There are many options for your car policy, but there's always one that's the best. An independent insurance agent can help find coverage for an affordable price. Connect with a local expert today.
Are Your Metro East, IL, Minimum Limits Too Low?
Like workers' compensation insurance, your car policy is mandatory in Metro East, IL. To avoid penalty or worse, get a professional to review your policy. Check out the required auto insurance for Metro East, IL:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $20,000 property damage.
If you have an average to large accident, minimum limits are likely not enough insurance. With the cost of a vehicle being upwards of $36,000 to replace, you'll want adequate protection. Connect with a Metro East independent agent for quotes.
Optional Car Coverage in Metro East, IL
Your auto policy will come with one coverage, liability. If you want insurance for your vehicles and more, you'll need to add it. An independent agent can go over the different options. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 13.7% in Illinois.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
It makes no difference if you're driving an SUV or an ATV, you'll need adequate coverage. To get the right policy, speak with a professional. A Metro East independent agent will review your insurance for free.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
If You Drive for Uber in Metro East, IL, You Might Not Have Coverage
Your personal auto policy will exclude coverage for rideshare services. If you drive for Uber or Lyft, you'll be without insurance. To get the right policy, contact an adviser.
Commercial auto insurance will protect business exposures. When you're driving people, parcels, or food, you'll need coverage for your operation. Speak with a Metro East independent agent on commercial insurance options.
Ways to Save on Your Metro East, IL, Car Insurance
Insurance companies will look at a variety of factors when determining your rates. To get the best coverage for a low price, contact an expert. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
Personal data and history are taken into account when figuring your costs. One item that won't be in your control is local crime rates. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- Illinois average: 153.8
If you're looking for instant savings, consider bundling your auto and home insurance. When you put all your policies with the same carrier, they will award you a 30% or more discount on coverage. Contact a Metro East independent agent for more ways to cut costs.
How to Connect with an Independent Insurance Agent in Metro East, IL
When you're searching for car coverage in Metro East, IL, use an independent insurance agent. They have access to multiple carriers, giving you options on policy and premium. Since they do the shopping, you'll save time and money.
An independent agent works on your behalf at no cost to you. When you have nothing to lose, why not get an adviser? Connect with one of the local experts on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.