All businesses can benefit from the protection of business insurance. This city is the corporate headquarters for a number of large companies, such as Atlas Van Lines, Berry Plastics and Mead Johnson. Evansville offers a lot of opportunity for emerging businesses. It is the third-largest city in the state of Indiana and, as of 2011, had a population of 117,429. Situated on the Ohio River, Evansville is a commercial, medical and cultural hub.
No matter what type of business you own, you need Evansville, IN business insurance to protect your assets. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you review the available options and quotes so that you make the best choice for your company.
Top Risks Businesses Face
- Property damage from fire, storms and accidents
- Liability in many forms, including product liability, accident/injury liability, libel, malpractice and professional liability or “errors and omissions”
- Fraud, embezzlement and extortion
- Cybercrime and data loss
Your company, no matter its size, has unique risks. Doctors and hospital staff handle patients, bodily fluids and expensive medical equipment. Other types of businesses handle confidential documents, data or money. Every business can be a victim of fraud, theft and liability claims.
Whether you have workers who operate heavy machinery or drive commercial vehicles, you will need Evansville business insurance to cover you and provide the resources you need for major expenses from a lawsuit.
Purchasing Evansville Business Insurance
There are several factors that determine the types of business insurance you will need:
- The type and size of your company
- The number of employees you have on staff
- The risks your employees encounter
- Your company’s specific liability risks
- Whether your company offers employee benefits
To determine the coverage you need, work with an independent agent who specializes in commercial insurance and can help to assess your specific risks. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can provide a range of Evansville commercial insurance quotes so that you can get all of your needs covered out of one office.
Example Coverage You May Need
Your business will need a range of coverage types, depending on the nature of your business. For example, you may need some or all of the following:
- Commercial vehicle insurance: If you or your employees drive while on the job, it is important to have commercial vehicle insurance. Personal auto policies only cover the driver during social, domestic and commuting use, whereas business vehicle insurance covers your personal and commercial vehicles for business use.
- Property damage: If you own your building, you will need coverage for fire, severe storms and flooding. You may need several different types of coverage just to protect your building, your company’s equipment and other property. For example, you may need separate protection for fire, earthquakes, windstorms and floods.
- Liability coverage: There are different types of liability insurance to protect every imaginable risk, from general liability to product liability, professional liability and malpractice, errors and omissions (or “E and O”), director’s and officer’s liability and even premises liability to cover your company’s risks if someone is injured on the premises. If your company is sued, you will want enough liability protection in place to cover legal fees, awards and judgments.
You may also need workers compensation, employee benefits such as health insurance, employee life insurance and short term disability coverage. Your Evansville business insurance portfolio will be completely unique to your company, based on your needs.
To get the right coverage to protect your company from your specific risks, contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network who can assess your needs and put together Evansville commercial insurance quotes for you. Find an agent in your area today to get started.