Noblesville is the 14th largest city in Indiana, located in the central part of the state. Car crashes can happen at any time in this growing town. When vehicle damage and injuries are involved, the financial burden of a car accident can be immense, especially for the at-fault driver. Car insurance can help you recover financially and get back out on the road with confidence. Independent insurance agents make shopping for the right car insurance policy easy. Independent agents can work with multiple insurance companies, so you can compare quotes and make sure you are getting the high-quality, best-value coverage you desire.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Noblesville, IN?
Indiana has the 41st highest average car insurance rates in the US. The average rates in Noblesville are lower than both the state and national averages.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Indiana average annual car insurance cost: $1,033
- Noblesville average annual car insurance cost: $916
Remember, everyone’s car insurance rates are a little different, so your cost may be higher or lower than other Noblesville residents. Your car insurance rates are based on things like the type of car you drive, where you live, and how far you drive to work or school every day. If you are paying more than most, you might have a newer car or put more miles on your car every year. Some insurance companies even look at your credit rating to determine how likely you are to get into an accident or file a claim.
Fortunately, insurance companies typically offer numerous discounts to help you keep costs down. Bundling your home insurance or renters insurance with your auto insurance is one way to earn a discount from most insurance companies. Contact a local independent insurance agent to obtain and compare customized quotes from multiple, highly rated insurance companies.
What Are the Car Insurance Requirements in Indiana?
All drivers who reside in Indiana are required to have a minimum amount of auto insurance that includes the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance, which covers bodily injury and property damage to third parties for accidents that you cause and are determined to be at fault for
- Bodily injury (BI) liability coverage of at least $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Property damage (PD) liability coverage of at least $25,000 per accident
In most cases, it’s important to buy more than the minimum liability insurance required by the state. The minimum coverage may be sufficient to cover damage from minor accidents. But if you cause a serious accident, the minimum coverage probably won’t be enough and you could be left with extensive bills to pay.
What Else Can a Noblesville Car Insurance Policy Cover?
There are several other types of insurance coverage that you can purchase if you want to cover your own vehicle in a variety of situations. Talk to your independent insurance agent about your need for the following types of optional coverage.
- Uninsured motorist coverage (UM): Pays for your own medical expenses that the other driver would have been responsible for if they had car insurance.
- Underinsured motorist coverage (UIM): Pays for your expenses when the at-fault driver has car insurance but it is insufficient to cover your expenses.
- Medical payments, or personal injury protection (PIP): Pays for your own medical expenses following an accident, even if you are at fault.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle sustained in a collision, regardless of who was at fault. Lenders typically require this coverage if you are still paying for your car, and dealerships are likely to require it if you are leasing your car.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers the cost to repair vehicle damage caused by non-collision events such as floods, fires, falling objects (e.g., trees), and property crimes (theft, vandalism). Lenders typically require this coverage if you are still paying for your car, and dealerships will probably require it if you are leasing your car.
- Towing and roadside assistance: Covers the cost of a service call if your vehicle becomes disabled while it is out on the road.
- Rental car reimbursement coverage: Pays for the cost of renting a vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Why Get Coverage against Uninsured Motorists in Noblesville?
Indiana has a high percentage of uninsured drivers, even though state law requires auto insurance for every driver. Uninsured motorist coverage is important because it protects responsible drivers from those who fail to purchase insurance.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%
- How many Indiana drivers are uninsured? 16.7%
If you are in an accident that is caused by an uninsured driver, it may be difficult or impossible to collect what the other driver owes you for repairs and medical bills. Uninsured motorist insurance was created to ensure that you can receive compensation in these cases. It is not required coverage in Indiana.
Can Car Insurance Cover Vehicle Thefts in Noblesville?
Auto theft is not a huge problem in Noblesville, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take precautions and have the right insurance coverage to protect you should the worst happen.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Indiana auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.22
- Noblesville auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.94
If your car is stolen or vandalized, you need comprehensive coverage to get reimbursement for your lost or damaged car. Comprehensive coverage also helps you pay if falling objects, floods, structure fires, or other hazards cause damage to your car. A local independent insurance agent can help you review the cost to include this coverage in your policy.
Why Contact an Independent Insurance Agent in Noblesville?
Ask an independent insurance agent for help finding the best auto insurance in Noblesville. Independent agents can obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies, so you can choose a policy that best meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
Contact an agent near you to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.