Indiana has ample options for a weekend getaway or a more extended vacation in your recreational vehicle. Whether you're on the road in a 40-foot Class A motorhome or traveling rustically with a truck camper, many things can go wrong when driving, parking, or using your RV. The easiest way to protect your recreational vehicle is with adequate Indiana RV insurance.
RV insurance comes in many shapes and sizes, so working with a local independent insurance agent is beneficial. Independent insurance agents in Indiana are familiar with the laws and regulations and can answer your questions about proper coverage. An agent will compare the RV insurance quotes in Indiana for you.
How Much Does RV Insurance Cost in Indiana?
There are several types of recreational vehicles that are considered RVs. Each one is different in size and value, which significantly determines how much you'll pay in insurance premiums. These are the most common types of RVs.
- Class A Motorhomes: The largest RVs on the road — a home on wheels
- Class B Motorhomes: The small RVs — a van with amenities
- Class C Motorhomes: Midsize models, sometimes called mini-motorhomes
- Motorhome Bus Conversion: A bus such as a VW converted to an RV
- Travel Trailers: Towable motorhomes typically attached by trailer hitch
- Fifth Wheels: Towable motorhomes attached to a truck with a fifth-wheel hitch
- Truck Campers: Add-on campers attached to a truck bed
After knowing the type and value of the RV, carriers will consider factors like where you live, how you plan on using your RV, how often you'll travel, the type and amount of coverage you purchase, and your claim history to pull together quotes.
RV insurance is similar to Indiana auto insurance in that you can qualify for discounts like bundling, loyalty, safe driver, and other price-reducing options.
What Does RV Insurance Cover in Indiana?
Whether in a motorhome or towing a trailer, unexpected events like accidents, falling objects, or severe weather can cause damage to your recreational vehicle. RV insurance is designed to protect you from these events and other scenarios that could arise involving your vehicle.
RV insurance is highly customizable based on your needs, but basic coverage typically includes the following policies.
- Collision insurance: Coverage for any damage that results from a collision with another vehicle where you are at fault.
- Liability insurance: Coverage for any injuries or property damage that you cause to someone else in the event of an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance: Coverage for damage to your RV from a storm, fire, vandalism, or other events outside of a collision.
- Personal injury protection: Coverage for your medical bills if you're in an at-fault accident in your RV.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Coverage for any damage that occurs if you're in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Contents coverage: Coverage for your personal belongings within your RV if they're damaged in a covered event.
Save on RV Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Is RV Insurance Required in Indiana?
There are several scenarios in which insurance is required for recreational vehicles in Indiana.
- If your RV is a Class A or Class B motorhome: Ultimately, if your recreational vehicle needs to be driven, not towed, you are required to have coverage.
- If you financed your recreation vehicle: If you took out a loan in order to purchase your RV, Indiana law requires that you have coverage.
- If you rent your RV: Insurance is required for all rented recreational vehicles.
Where coverage is required, Indiana law states you must carry the minimum liability coverage
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death of two people in one accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage for one accident
If you plan on living in your RV, you'll need to purchase full coverage similar to homeowners insurance to be fully protected. Even if you're only using your RV a handful of times a year, it's worth considering additional coverage in the event of an accident.
What Are the Best RV Insurance Companies in Indiana?
Shopping RV policies will help you save money on your premium and guarantee that you have the best policy for your needs. It can be difficult to know who the top-rated insurance companies in your area are, which is why an independent insurance agent can help.
Agents have built a network and partnership with the best RV insurance companies in Indiana. They will know who offers affordable coverage with a good reputation for customer service.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help Me Find the Best RV Insurance in Indiana?
Before you hit the road in your motorhome or RV, make sure you’re covered with the proper insurance. Finding the best policy at the best rate is going to require a bit of research. Comparing Indiana RV insurance quotes is a great way to make sure you’re reviewing options and selecting a great option for your risks on the road.
A local independent insurance agent will get you several competitive quotes in one place. These agents work with a variety of top insurers in Indiana, so you’ll have some excellent options right at your fingertips. Chat with an agent today, free of charge, to start securing your coverage.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.