RV camping is the optimal form of recreation for many Indiana residents. RV travel takes away the hassle of organizing flights, rental cars and hotel rooms. If you’re going to drive a recreational vehicle on your next vacation, it is important that you have the right Indiana RV insurance in place.
Travelling by RV presents issues that are different than driving in a standard motor vehicle. If you are getting ready to visit one of the many Indiana state parks, are heading on a trip out of state, or your RV is parked for the winter, make sure you are covered for the risks you face. Contact an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network today to begin comparing Indiana motorhome insurance quotes.
- Class A Motorhomes: largest RVs on the road – a home on wheels
- Class B Motorhomes: The small RVs – a van with amenities
- Class C Motorhomes: Midsize models, sometimes called mini-motorhomes
- Motorhome Bus Conversion: A bus such as a VW converted to an RV
- Travel Trailers: Towable motorhomes typically attached by trailer hitch
- Fifth Wheels: Towable motorhomes attached to a truck with a fifth wheel hitch
- Truck Campers: Add-on campers attached to a truck bed
There are several types of recreational vehicles that fall into the RV category. Many of them can be used to travel inexpensively. These types of RVs and motorhomes vary by size and value, and you will use each of them slightly differently when you head out on Indiana roads for vacation. Size, value, and use are the main factors insurance companies measure when they issue you a premium. Your Trusted Choice member agent can help you determine which Indiana RV insurance coverage plan is right for you.
Like auto insurance policies, you can easily find add-ons for RV insurance policies to cover your particular needs and risks in the motorhome you drive. You may want coverage for the contents of your motorhome, or you might be a full-timer who lives in the RV all the time. Make sure you go over your needs and your particular use of your RV with your independent agent.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Sample Premiums: How Much Does RV Insurance Cost?
- Michigan median annually: $4,490
- District of Columbia median annually: $2,570
- Oregon median annually: $1,108
RV insurance premiums vary widely from state to state. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you determine the Indiana RV insurance policy that is best for you at the best cost for your budget.
Save with Safety
You can take measures to reduce your RV insurance premiums. Your Trusted Choice member agent should be able to go over all of your options with you, but here are a few tips to keep your motorhome safe and your premium costs low:
- Store your RV in a contained carport or garage
- Install an anti-theft device
- Be a safe driver and maintain an accident-free driving record
Check into Military and Professional Discounts
RV insurance discounts may be available for:
- National Guard members, those on active duty and retired military personnel
- Government and federal employees
- Teachers, professors and other educators
- Healthcare professionals
Are you a member of the military, or one of the special groups above? Check with your independent Trusted Choice member agent to find out if you qualify for a discount. Many people don’t realize that this is an option, but it can save you a lot of money over time.
Avoiding Premium Hikes
A traffic ticket will raise your premiums, and too many traffic violations may make it difficult for you to keep or get Indiana RV insurance. That is why it is so important that you have a clear understanding of the rules for RVs in Indiana. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- When towing an RV or a vehicle in Indiana, the maximum highway speed is 65 MPH.
- When towing an RV or a vehicle in Indiana, 3,000 lbs. is the maximum for trailer brakes.
- Your gross vehicle weight (GVW) allowance is 800 pounds per inch of tire.
- You are allowed to triple tow.
- The height allowance is 13 ½ feet and the width allowance is 8 ½ feet.
Find Indiana Motorhome Insurance Quotes For Your Needs
Before you hit the road in your motorhome or RV, make sure you’re covered with the proper insurance. Finding the best policy at the best rate is going to require a bit of research. Comparing Indiana motorhome insurance quotes is a great way to make sure you’re reviewing options and selecting a great option for your risks on the road.
If you call an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network, you’ll be able to get several competitive quotes in one place. These agents work with a variety of top insurers in Indiana, so you’ll have some excellent options right at your fingertips. Call an independent agent today to get the right Indiana RV insurance for your next adventure.