Indianapolis, IN is nestled on the West Fork of the White River, and is an excellent place to own a motorhome due to the many indoor and outdoor attractions. Both locals and visitors alike enjoy staying at the many available RV parks. There are several different classes and types of recreational vehicles, including the Class A motorhome, the Class B motorhome and the camper van. It’s important to get the right type of Indianapolis, IN RV insurance for the make and model you own.
The easiest way to find the right insurance is to use an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. These independent agents can help you compare a range of Indianapolis motorhome insurance quotes so you can find the most suitable coverage for your RV. Find a local member agent today to get your questions answered and find the right coverage for your needs.
- The total cost of crash related deaths was $883 million
- Total medical costs were $10 million
- The cost for loss of work was $873 million
What Are the Different Types of RV’s?
There are several different types of RV classifications used by insurers. It is important to know how your RV will be classified, as well as the value of your vehicle, as these factors will affect the type of Indianapolis RV insurance you will need. RV classifications break down as follows:
- Class A motorhome: The largest type of RV, which is essentially a home on wheels
- Class B motorhome: The smallest size of RV motorhome; typically comes with basic amenities
- Class C motorhome: The mid-sized range of RV, often referred to as a mini-motorhome
- RV bus conversion: An actual bus or large van, which is converted to include living quarters and amenities for travel
- RV travel trailer: A motorhome which is attached to a trailer and towed using a hitch
- Fifth wheel RVs: Similar to a travel trailer except it uses a fifth wheel hitch
- Camper vans: Includes a camper loaded onto a pick-up bed
How Much Does RV Insurance Cost?
Annual premium rates for Indianapolis RV insurance vary widely from one insurance company to another, so it is important to shop around. You will find that prices can range anywhere from about $850 per year to $3,000 annually, depending you’re your location, the company you choose, and the value of your vehicle.
Additional variables that insurers will use to determine your Indianapolis RV insurance premium rates include:
- Your age and driving record
- The classification of your RV
- The size, make and model of your RV
- The age of the RV
- Whether you choose recreational/vacation coverage or full-timer’s coverage
- What you include in your policy coverage (i.e. contents)
The specifics of a motorhome insurance policy will vary from one company to another. You will also have choices of additional coverage you may want to add to your policy. RV insurance coverage generally includes the following:
- Medical payments
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Full-timer’s coverage
You may also want to add towing and roadside assistance so you can get the help you need if you have breakdown on the road.
How Can I Save Money on My RV Insurance Policy?
Many insurance companies offer discounts for an excellent driving record and other factors that show you are at a lower risk for accidents and theft. Here are some ways you may be able to save:
- Find an insurer that offers safe driver discounts
- Bundle you RV policy with other policies such as your auto or homeowners insurance
- Find an insurer that offers discounts for military or professional organizations
- Use an insurer that offers a sign-on discount
- Pay your policy in a single annual payment instead of monthly
Where Can I Find Affordable Indianapolis RV Insurance?
To find affordable Indianapolis RV insurance, simply contact one of the independent agents in the Trusted Choice network right in your area.
An independent agent can provide information on the types of insurance policies available, and can help customize your RV insurance, including coverage for any after-market add-ons. Not only can these agents help you compare Indianapolis motorhome insurance quotes from different insurers, they can also find one at an affordable cost that fits your specific needs. Find a local member agent in your area today and get the process started before you hit the road.