Trailers are used in Indiana to transport equipment, recreational vehicles, and livestock. Whether you use your trailer to haul horses to the Hoosier Horse Fair and Expo at the State Fairgrounds, or you’re hauling yard clippings to your local dump, your trailer is an important investment that you wouldn’t want to lose in an accident, fire, or severe weather event.
Protect your trailer with the right kind of Indiana trailer insurance. By contacting an independent insurance agent in our network, you can be sure you’re getting the best service and access to the best Indiana trailer insurance quotes out there. Contact one of these independent agents today so you can find coverage for your trailer or toy hauler before your next trip.
- There were a total of 188,132 motor vehicle collisions which resulted in injury or property damage
- There were 674 fatalities involved in these motor vehicle collisions
- The total economic cost for motor vehicle collisions was 4.4 billion dollars
Car and truck accidents can decimate trailers and toy haulers, too. Take precaution when you hit the road by making sure the load you’re carrying can be supported by your trailer, that your brakes work well, and that you’ve attached your trailer securely to the car or truck pulling it. In addition, Indiana trailer insurance will allow you to recover financially if you are involved in a crash.
What Does Indiana Trailer Insurance Cover?
There are many types of trailers used and for a variety of purposes. Some are very small and some are very specialized and expensive. Trailers can be used to haul a boat, a car, like a travel trailer, or can be enclosed like a horse trailer. They can also be used for a variety of commercial purposes. Some of the coverage options to consider for your insurance policy include:
- Liability: This coverage will protect you if you cause property damage or if you are responsible for causing a physical injury to another person(s) with your trailer. Specialized liability coverage is also available for travel trailers, called campsite/vacation liability insurance. It protects you when you are on the road vacationing.
- Comprehensive: This coverage will protect your trailer should it be stolen, vandalized, or damaged from severe weather or fire. Some policies also include protection if you hit an object like a rock or a low-hanging branch.
- Total Loss Replacement: This coverage will ensure that, if your trailer is completely destroyed, you will be reimbursed for the “full replacement cost” of the trailer. Most policies may only pay the actual cash value (ACV) of your trailer. ACV is the replacement cost less the amount of depreciation on the trailer, which could be considerably less than what you paid for it originally, and what it would cost for you to get a similar model in today’s market.
- Contents: This coverage will provide protection for any personal contents within the trailer. This is usually sold separately as a rider.
- Roadside Assistance and Emergency Expenses: This coverage will pay for repairs and towing if your trailer has a mechanical malfunction and breaks down. You may also be able to claim additional emergency expenses if you have a layover or must use alternative transportation to reach your destination.
If you own a travel trailer there are also some additional forms of Indiana trailer insurance which you might want to consider, like:
- Full-Timers Coverage: This is special insurance coverage required for anyone who uses their travel trailer extensively or resides in their trailer for lengthy periods of time.
- Stationary Trailer: This will provide combined liability, contents, and comprehensive coverage while the trailer is stationary.
Where Can I Find Trailer Insurance?
You can find Indiana trailer insurance by talking with an independent agent in our network. An independent agent can advise you on the types of trailer insurance policy coverage options available so you can choose the right policy for your particular needs and budget. An independent agent has access to numerous insurers so they can help you compare Indiana trailer insurance quotes and get the best value for your dollar.
Contact an agent today so you can get insurance protection that will let you rest easy while you travel.