Dubuque, Iowa is one of the oldest settlements in the US and Iowa's oldest city. Its history has puts this place on the map.
If you own a home in this Mississippi River town, you'll want insurance. An independent insurance agent can find a policy that suits your needs. Connect to an agent today.
How Does Burglary Affect Your Home Insurance in Dubuque, IA?
In Dubuque, Iowa the rate of property crimes will impact your home insurance premiums. If you're wondering how Dubuque's crime rates will affect your specific pricing, get with your local agent.
The Number of Burglaries per 100,000 Homes
- National average: 376.00
- Iowa average: 352.60
- Dubuque average: 567.50
Dubuque has a population of roughly 58,276, which puts its burglary rate at the higher end. Compared to other cities of its size and population, Dubuque home insurance rates may cost more.
The insurance companies set your premiums based on various factors, one being the local crime rate. The more crime in an area, the more the carrier will charge. On the flip side, if you live in a town with a low crime rate, you will be rewarded with lower premiums. Get with your Dubuque agent to go over your home insurance cost.
Common Home Insurance Claims in Dubuque, IA
Dubuque, IA is a river town with a long history. The leading cause for concern in this area is water. When your home is at risk due to natural disasters and severe weather, you want a policy that will respond.
Most Common Natural Disasters in Dubuque, IA
With the largest threat being flood damage, you'll need a flood insurance policy. Most insureds aren't aware that their home insurance won't cover damage from a flood. In fact, it excludes flood damage altogether.
Flood Insurance in Dubuque
Your Dubuque independent agent can help you find the flood policy your home needs. Your flood zone and property line will determine how much coverage your location needs. Take a look at these three steps to get flood insurance:
1. Have an independent agent obtain your home's elevation certificate to look up your flood zone.
2. Your agent will run quotes with FEM- approved carriers.
3. Purchase flood insurance from your independent agent.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Liability Insurance for Your Dubuque, IA Home
Every home insurance policy comes with a limit of liability. Liability coverage will protect you and the members of your household from a lawsuit.
The common situations where liability insurance would apply are the following:
- Bodily injury to another person on your property
- Damage to another person's property
- An injury from a pet bite
- Slander or bullying caused by a household member
Another policy you may want to have is umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy will provide additional liability coverage if a claim gets costly. Your Dubuque independent agent can quote your home and umbrella policies, so you have enough coverage.
The Price of Your Dubuque, IA Home Insurance
The cost of home insurance is relative. What's expensive for you may be inexpensive for another. Your premiums are specific to you and your home, so comparing is not usually effective. Let's look at average homeowners insurance costs:
- National annual average: $2,305
- Iowa annual average: $2,540
A home policy in Iowa may cost you slightly more than in other states. Again, your premiums could be higher or lower than the state and national averages, depending on your criteria.
What Insurance Companies Use to Determine Premiums
- Location: The city you live in will play a big part in your insurance costs. If you are located in high-traffic or high-crime areas, you can expect your rates to be more.
- Crime rates: How safe your community is will determine your pricing as well. The safer your city, the less premium you will pay.
- Insurance score: Like your credit score, your insurance score is a number the carriers use determine if you pay your bills on time and are a reliable risk. The better your score, the lower your rates.
- Loss history: Similar to your motor vehicle reports or credit score, carriers keep records of insurance claims. The more claims, the more the carrier charges.
By consulting with your Dubuque agent, you can find the home insurance you need today.
Connect with an Independent Insurance Agent in Dubuque, IA
When you're looking for better coverage at a competitive price, you need to speak with an independent insurance agent. They can work with dozens of carriers at once, getting you a good deal.
If you're not sure where to find a local independent agent in Dubuque, go to TrustedChoice.com. They have a find-an-agent tool that will connect you to an agent in minutes.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.