Nicknamed "The Salt City," Hutchinson, KS, is known for its fair share of salt mines. Located on the Arkansas River, this town is an industrial powerhouse.
If you own a car in this city of 40,772 residents, you'll need proper protection. A local independent insurance agent can help with coverage and pricing. Connect with an expert in minutes to find a policy that works for you.
Hutchinson, KS Local Crime and Your Car Insurance
The crime rate in an area is what carriers use to help determine the cost of your policy. When you live in a higher theft city, you'll have more expensive premiums. Whether you own an SUV or an ATV, you'll be impacted by local crime.
Average Theft Rates:
- National thefts per 100,000 vehicles: 228.90
- Kansas thefts per 100,000 vehicles: 269.40
- Hutchinson thefts per 100,000 vehicles: 288.40
Hutchinson comes in higher than both the state and national averages concerning theft. This means your premiums could be more due to frequent activity. Contact a Hutchinson independent agent to see how your costs are affected.
Car Insurance Requirements in Hutchinson, KS
Your car coverage is similar to worker's compensation insurance, where it's state-mandated. To use the roadways in Hutchinson, you're required to carry insurance. Let's look at what you need in Kansas for coverage:
- Minimum liability limits of $25,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $50,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $25,000 property damage
These are the state minimum limits, which means you may want to consider more coverage. With the cost of an average vehicle being over $36,000, you'll want a policy that covers you in a claim. Speak with an independent agent in Hutchinson to find a policy for you.
Alternative Options for Your Hutchinson Car Insurance
Liability insurance is the primary coverage on your car policy. There are alternative insurance options that you can add to have a more comprehensive plan. Let's take a look at additional coverage choices:
- Collision: This will pay for the damage to your car when an at-fault accident with another vehicle or property occurs.
- Gap: Pays for the remaining balance on your car loan if there is a difference in value when a total loss occurs.
- Comprehensive: Pays for property damage to your vehicle should you hit an unavoidable object or animal, or if it is damaged by a non-collision event like severe weather, fire, or vandalism.
- Towing: Will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
- Rental vehicle: Pays for a rental car while a covered auto is repaired or replaced due to a loss.
To save money on your car policy, you can bundle your auto and home insurance. Carriers will give a 30% or more discount when you put all your insurance with the same company. This will allow you to get more optional coverages that you may need. Connect with an independent agent to discuss your policy.
Liability Insurance and Your Hutchinson, KS Car Policy
Expenses from a car accident can add up fast. Before you know it, your liability could be maxed out. There are some things you can do to avoid any out-of-pocket expenses. Take a look at ways to add liability insurance to your auto policy:
- Increase your current liability limits on your primary auto insurance.
- Obtain umbrella insurance to add another layer of protection.
Umbrella insurance will apply when your underlying auto policy limits have been exhausted. Generally, coverage starts at $1,000,000 and goes up according to your assets. Discuss your liability insurance with a Hutchinson independent agent.
The Number of Uninsured Drivers in Hutchinson, KS
Uninsured drivers are everywhere. To have adequate protection, you'll want uninsured/underinsured motorist, or UM/UIM, coverage. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Kansas percentage of uninsured drivers: 7.2%
UM/UIM will pay for your medical expenses and property damage from a loss with an uninsured at-fault driver. To make sure your claim is fully covered, review your auto policy with an adviser. An independent agent can help you obtain UM/UIM coverage.
An Independent Insurance Agent in Hutchinson, KS
If you work with an independent insurance agent in Hutchinson, KS, you get the best of both worlds. They help you save on coverage and price by comparing it with local carriers.
An independent agent has access to multiple insurance companies, saving you time. Connect with an expert on TrustedChoice.com using the find-an-agent resource.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.