When heavy rain falls in Salina, particularly during a severe storm, accidents can happen, so you will need an excellent car insurance policy to cover against them. Whether your car broke down on South Broadway Boulevard, or you had a major accident on I-35, either could cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars in accident-related financial losses.
By consulting an independent insurance agent, you can look for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage and financial needs. Find an independent insurance agent in Salina, KS to learn more today.
What Car Insurance Options Are Available in Salina, KS?
Practically all car insurance policies are created with a mix of mandatory and voluntary car insurance coverage options. As a resident of Salina, KS, your policy must meet or exceed Kansas’s minimum car insurance coverage requirements.
Liability insurance reimburses third parties for personal injury and/or property damage. Please be aware that comprehensive and/or collision insurance does not meet Kansas’s vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
If you are still making payments on your car, your banker will probably require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance. Likewise, if you are leasing your car, the dealer will undoubtedly expect you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage.
The minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $25,000 for damage to property.
Following are several car insurance coverage options you might expect your local independent insurance agent to offer you:
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This option covers repair or replacement of your car if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This option covers repair or replacement of your car if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as flooding, lightning, or car fire.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Optional): This option covers other non-covered damages and injuries you may undergo if in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This option covers essential options if your car breaks down while out driving, like if all your engine coolant leaks out.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This option covers the cost of renting an alternate car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Speak with your independent insurance agent for help in selecting your liability coverage options.
What Determines the Price of Car Insurance Policies in Salina, KS?
Car insurance rates differ greatly from one driver to another, because insurance companies have their own process for determining risk and calculating rates. Following are some factors that the price of your car insurance quote may be based on:
- The make, model, and year of the vehicles being insured
- Your credit score and driving record
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- The amount of your deductible
- Information about other licensed drivers using your vehicle
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The coverage options included in your policy
You may be eligible for significant discounts on your car insurance if you bundle your car insurance with renters or homeowners insurance. You may also be eligible for other discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record or make good grades in school.
Let an independent insurance agent help you to compare rates and find you the discounts for which you may qualify. They can help you find the car insurance coverage you need at the most reasonable price.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Salina, KS?
In the state of Kansas, if you fail to keep liability car insurance, a police officer will cite you if you are detained. If you get into an accident and are found to be at fault, you will be legally responsible for expenses for any personal injuries and/or property damage that occurs.
When you go to court and they find that sufficient insurance was not in effect on the date you were cited, it will be obvious evidence of failure to provide proof of financial security.
Following are the penalties for driving without insurance in Salina, KS:
- Uninsured operation of a motor vehicle:
- Guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.
- A fine of $300-$1,000; or
- Confinement in the county jail for a term of not more than six months; or
- A fine and confinement in the county jail
- A conviction within three years:
- Guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
- A fine of $800-$2,500.
- Other penalties for failure to maintain liability insurance:
- Suspension of the license of any driver involved in an accident.
- Revocation of all vehicles owned by the driver involved in the accident.
What are the Crime Rates and Auto Theft Rates in Salina, KS?
The 2017 crime rate in Salina, KS was 327 per 100,000 people, which is about the average for US cities. In the last five years, Salina has seen an increase in violent crime and a decrease in property crime.
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- KS auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 247.6
- Salina auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 234.9
The risk of someone stealing your car is about the same as the national average, however, you can only be reimbursed for a car theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. This optional insurance can also cover many types of non-accident related damage such as floods or structure fires.
If you are leasing or still paying for your car, hopefully, you already carry comprehensive coverage. If not, speak with your independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost to add this non-accident related coverage to your car insurance policy.
Independent Insurance Agents in Salina, KS
Independent insurance agents can be enormously useful when looking for the best car insurance policy to meet your needs. These car insurance experts can explain your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and help you review offers from multiple insurance companies.
Contact a TrustedChoice independent insurance agent with an office in or near Salina, KS to start comparing customized car insurance quotes in moments.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.