Nicknamed “The Little Apple”, Manhattan has grown into a thriving community. If you’re among the 52,281 residents who live here, investing in a reliable homeowners insurance policy will protect you against risks you face.
Connect with an independent insurance agent to make this simple. They’ll help you find a policy that fits your budget with the coverage to protect your home. Enlist an agent to get started today.
Does the Crime Rate Impact Your Manhattan, KS, Homeowners Insurance?
The burglary rate in your neighborhood will affect your insurance premium. The higher the risk of property crime means the more you're likely to pay.
(Rate per 100,000 people)
- Number of burglaries in the U.S: 376
- Number of burglaries in Kansas: 430.6
The burglary rate across the state is much higher than the national average. This will play a role when calculating your rate. If you’re a victim of a home burglary, your insurance will help with:
- Replace or repair any damaged or stolen property
- Pay for additional living expenses such as a hotel stay if your home become inhabitable
- Pay for any medical expenses if there is an injury
Your independent insurance agent can help go over how the local crime rate impacts your home premium.
Will Your Manhattan, KS, Homeowners Insurance Protect You against Catastrophic Events?
Your home insurance policy will protect you against most significant exposures you face. Two of the major threats you face are severe storms and tornados. Luckily, your home insurance policy will protect you against damaged caused by these natural disasters.
- Average number of tornados a year: 96
- Most common natural disaster: Severe storms
- Number of federally declared catastrophes: 79
- Amount paid out to homeowners in 2016: $537,799,000
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Do you need flood insurance for your Manhattan home?
Most homeowners aren’t aware that their home insurance policy will not cover damage caused by floods. This disaster is the second most common risk you face in Manhattan. To make sure you're covered, you’ll need to purchase a flood insurance policy. An independent agent can help work through your options with you.
How Will Liability Insurance for Your Manhattan, KS, Home Protect You?
If someone is injured on your property because of your negligence, you could potentially be sued. That’s where your liability coverage from your homeowners insurance will come in handy. This will help cover any legal fees that you acquire because of a claim filed against you.
Your liability insurance will cover the following:
- If someone trips on loose carpeting in your home and injures themselves
- If your dog gets loose and bites your neighbor causing harm
- If you’re staying in a hotel and accidentally damage the lobby
- If you write a negative review online for a business and they decide it wasn’t fair
The liability coverage will financially protect you up to its limit. Once you’ve maxed out your coverage, you’ll be responsible for the rest of the bill. Purchasing an umbrella insurance policy will help you if a severe case happens. This policy will kick in when your liability insurance runs out and help continue the financial coverage.
How Much Will It Cost to Insure Your Manhattan, KS, Home?
Your homeowners insurance rate will be customized to you, but it’s always good to know what the average rates in the area are.
- National average: $1,211
- Kansas average: $1, 584
Kansas is rated as the fifth most expensive state to purchase home insurance. Your exact rate could be above or below the average, depending on specific factors about you. Insurers may look at the following factors to assess your premium:
- Crime rates in your neighborhood
- Your claims history, and credit score
- The replacement cost of your home
- Materials of your home, the year it was built, and the size
An independent insurance agent will walk through this process with you. They work with numerous carriers so they’ll comparison shop for you.
Work with a Manhattan, KS, Independent Insurance Agent
A local independent insurance agent can save you time and money by comparing coverage options for you. They know the homeowners insurance market in Manhattan and will find a policy within your budget. Connect with an agent today to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.