With miles of trails to ride an ATV, Kentucky truly embraces outdoor activities. Just in Knott County, over 100 miles of trails are offered that have been recognized by well-known publications like ATV Illustrated and ATV Magazine. While this is a great outdoor family activity, it can also pose a danger. ATV’s are prone to flipping over and injuries can occur. Some accidents have even resulted in fatalities. While using proper safety precautions can create a safe experience, accidents still happen. When they do, make sure you’re protected with Kentucky ATV insurance.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Kentucky ATV Facts
- Between 2005 and 2007, Kentucky was ranked third in ATV deaths.
- There were a total of 114 deaths.
- 35% of deaths occurred to people under age 16.
- Close to half of people injured in accidents are under 16.
- One in five injuries involve head injuries
- Helmets are required for all riders under 16 and on public property for those 16 and over.
Types of ATVs
- Four wheeler
- Side by side
- 3 wheeler
ATV Coverage Options
Although ATV insurance isn’t a legal requirement, think of it as a way to protect your investment in a good time. ATV’s are expensive vehicles and even if you’re physically safe in an accident, the vehicle could suffer damage. Without Kentucky ATV insurance, the repair costs come out of your own pocket. Additionally, as the sport becomes more popular, the increase of riders equals and increased risk of collision.
- Comprehensive coverage: Similar to vehicle insurance, this policy will help cover repair costs related to anything “other than collision.” If a freak hailstorm cracks a windshield or your ATV is stolen comprehensive will help pay to fix the damage.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage: Some riders choose not to purchase insurance but if you’re in an accident with one, it’s up to the both of you to work out repair costs. If you have this coverage, your insurance can cover both ATV vehicles.
- ATV collision coverage: If you collide with another ATV or hit an inanimate object like a tree or rock, this policy will pay for any damage. Of course, benefits are still subject to deductibles and coverage limits.
- Liability coverage: If you cause an accident that results in bodily injury and/or property damage to another person, you’re liable for all damages. In some cases, the other party has the right to sue you. Liability insurance will not only pay for medical expenses and repair costs, it can assist with legal fees. This could the most important portion of your Kentucky ATV insurance coverage.
Affordable Kentucky ATV Insurance Quotes
Finding affordable ATV insurance is possible when you work with a Trusted Choice® member agent. Although your premium will depend on several factors like your driving history, the make and model of ATV you ride, as well as how many riders enjoy the vehicle, your member agent can help you find a policy that fits within your budget. Don’t let price dictate the amount of insurance you have. Simply contact a Trusted Choice member agent to get the policy you need.