Henderson, KY is a picturesque small town located in the Ohio River Valley. This historic area is a popular stop-off for tourists who are curious about the old Victorian homes overlooking the riverfront and the quaint little shops on North Main. The New York Times recognized Henderson as the go-to place for the country's best fried chicken. The city was even featured as a backdrop in Tom Hanks' popular film, "A League of Their Own." Small businesses thrive in Henderson, but they also face some serious risks. If you're a business owner in this beautiful little city, you can't afford to skimp on Henderson business insurance.
During previous years, there were 340,746 small businesses in Kentucky, providing jobs to 686,517 people. However, recent years have also brought some serious risks for business owners, with $3,723,405 paid out for losses. If you want your Henderson business to succeed for the long haul, make sure you're covered by with a comprehensive commercial insurance policy. Our Independent Insurance Agents can guide you toward the best policy for your company and help you build a customized business insurance plan that addresses risks for liability, property damage, and even cyber crime.
Liability is the bedrock of any small business insurance policy. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. The best way to be prepared for potentially costly lawsuits is to invest in liability coverage for your company.
- Product Liability: Before you sell a single product, take time to think about the risks of liability. If your product causes real or perceived physical or property damage to a customer, you could be faced with a major lawsuit. According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. Would your business be able to shoulder this massive payout? With product liability coverage, you won't have to worry because your insurance protects your assets.
- E&O/Professional Liability: Even if you don't sell a physical product, you have to give serious consideration to liability threats. If a customer alleges that your advice caused physical or psychological harm, you could be deemed liable. Professional liability coverage gives you peace of mind that you're covered against these types of claims.
Business Interruption Insurance for Henderson Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Kentucky gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
For a small company, business interruption insurance can really be the difference between success and failure. If your business goes up in flames after an electrical fire, you'll be stuck shutting down operations until you can rebuild or make repairs. In the meantime, how much money will you lose out in profits? How many of your customers will move on to the competition? Business interruption insurance compensates you for lost profits and makes it possible for you to get back to normal operations without suffering huge financial losses.
Property Insurance for Henderson Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
With an average of two tornadoes per year, Henderson is no stranger to natural disasters. If your business property is damaged in the next storm, will you have the financial resources available to make repairs? With property insurance, you won't have to foot the bill because your commercial insurance policy pays for the damage.
Workers' Compensation for Henderson Businesses
Work-related injuries or illnesses can quickly become a major burden for small-business owners. If an employee slips on a wet floor or falls on the icy parking lot, you could be held responsible for the medical bills. Workers' compensation coverage steps in and navigates any medical claims and protects your company's assets against unnecessary losses after an employee injury.
Employee Coverages for Henderson Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Kentucky: $697,974
- Ranked 25th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
Finding affordable health care and life insurance is a challenge for any business owner. For small businesses, the high cost of employee coverages can be a major burden. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you reduce the overall cost of employee coverages by providing quotes on multiple policies. Then you can compare rates and find a coverage plan that will be a good fit for your business budget.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Henderson Businesses
- 2,358 Identity theft complaints in Kentucky in recent years
- Ranked 43rd highest for identify theft complaints in the U.S.
Despite a rising trend of identity theft and cyber crime, only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. If your company is victimized by a hacker, how would you cope? Cyber crime insurance protects your business assets and ensures that any money you lose due to identity theft or data breaches will be repaid so you can continue with your regular operations.
Choosing the right small business insurance can be a challenge, but our expert Independent Insurance Agents can guide you toward the best coverage options for your Henderson business. Our friendly agents will help you build a customized plan and select the best coverages and benefits to protect your unique business.
Contact an agent today to learn more about how you can get comprehensive, affordable Henderson business insurance.