The country life in and around Brandenburg, KY is great for a lot of reasons. It really requires a car to get around, however. Under Kentucky law, you have to purchase insurance in order to drive, and that can be a daunting prospect. Our Independent Insurance Agents are well aware of all your options, so they are your best first choice for car insurance. Because they can shop around the many agencies that insure in Brandenburg, auto insurance options for the lowest possible cost will be yours to compare. Car insurance can be had for a very reasonable cost in Kentucky. The stats from recent years show that it is about average:
- Across the U.S., car insurance cost $1,311 on average.
- In Kentucky, the average was $1,341.
- This ranks the state 21st overall.
- There were $3.7 million in losses that year.
There aren’t a lot of unusual risks around Brandenburg for car owners. You should have no trouble finding car insurance that meets your needs for a price that you can afford if you compare multiple quotes from different agencies.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
State law requires every driver to have some basic insurance. The kinds of insurance are listed below along with your options:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This is required, with a minimum of $25,000 per person covered and a minimum of $50,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for any property (primarily other cars) damaged in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for every motorist.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This is not required in Kentucky, but you may want it in case you are hit by someone who has no insurance to bill.
- Comprehensive: This is not required. This is a policy that includes all of the above plus many additional features, including coverage of any damage to the car for any reason.
A comprehensive policy that takes care of anything may have many options for you to select. These can include rental car coverage, which means that you are never without a vehicle even when yours is in the shop. If you need to get around for work, this may be the coverage that you need.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
While uninsured motorist coverage is not required by state law, it is a good thing to have. Kentucky has a higher than average rate of uninsured motorists:
- Nationally, 12.6% of all drivers are uninsured.
- In Kentucky, 15.8% of all drivers have no insurance.
Despite the laws, over one in six drivers is not covered. If one of them hits you, it will be very difficult to get them to pay for the damage and any medical bills that you may incur. That’s why uninsured motorist coverage is important to carry in Brandenburg.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
Fortunately, the rate of car theft in Kentucky is quite low, which helps keep car insurance, particularly comprehensive coverage, more affordable. These are the stats from recent years:
- Nationally, 2.94 out of every 1,000 cars are stolen each year.
- In Kentucky, thieves target 1.87 out of every 1,000 cars.
Some cars are targeted more heavily by thieves, so your insurance reflects your own situation as much as the overall rate of theft in the Bluegrass State. If you don’t have this insurance and your car is stolen or vandalized, you will have to cover the cost out of your own wallet. Despite the relatively low rate of car theft, anyone in Brandenburg who depends on having a car every day needs to consider having comprehensive insurance to make sure they are protected.
Find a Great Brandenburg Car Insurance Policy
You need a car to get around Brandenburg and Meade County. The right car insurance is not only a matter of law, but it’s also the difference between having reliable transportation and getting stuck somewhere. No matter what happens, whether from an uninsured driver, theft or just bad luck on your part, you need the right policy for your lifestyle. Talk to your Independent Agent today to find the right policy. Your agent isn't tied to any one company, thus, able to get you the quote that fits both your needs and your budget.