If you want to find beautiful scenery, you’ve come to the right town. Visit the Lexington History Center or attend the Mayfest Arts Fair, which offers traditional Maypole dancing and plenty of family fun. During the Christmas season, take a drive through the Kentucky Horse Park for the Southern Lights Festival. There are many other sites that are worth driving to in Lexington, but be sure to protect you and your family with Lexington, KY car insurance.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Lexington, Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements:
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured motorist: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/10
- Coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual, and $10,000 coverage for property damage.
- Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy. Amounts vary by state.
Do I Need Lexington Car Insurance?
Liability insurance is required by law for all drivers in Kentucky. If you’re caught driving without insurance, you can face fines and possible suspension of license and registration. Of course, legal repercussions shouldn’t be your main motivation for securing extra insurance coverage. All residents face the risk of an accident every time they get behind the wheel. Even a minor crash can cause significant out-of-pocket costs if you aren’t properly insured.
Lexington, Kentucky Car Insurance Options:
Liability coverage provides protection in case you’re sued, but if you have an accident, it will only pay for the other party’s damages. In that case, you need comprehensive and collision coverage, which you typically have to buy together. It can also protect you in case severe weather damages your car or it gets stolen.
Number of Thefts in Kentucky:
- National Average number of vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.94
- Kentucky number of vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 1.87
Kentucky Uninsured Motorists:
- National uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- Kentucky uninsured motorists: 15.8%
- Kentucky average vehicle repair cost: $2,406
If a driver who doesn't have insurance runs into you, your insurance absorbs the cost of the damages, even if the accident wasn’t your fault. At first glance, this may not seem like a pressing issue, but as a whole, uninsured motorists drive up premiums for all drivers. So how much does Lexington car insurance actually cost?
Lexington, Kentucky Car Insurance Costs:
- National annual premium average: $1,311
- Kentucky annual premium average: $1,341
- 21st most expensive premiums in the US
Your actual premiums will vary based on a number of factors, like your driving history, the make and model of your car, and how often you drive. Even your address can play into the cost of premium; if you live in a neighborhood notorious for theft, it places you in a higher risk pool. While our agents must acknowledge legitimate factors when determining your premium, they have access to many different policies, which improves your chances of getting a competitive rate.
Find a local agent network today to get the right coverage for your needs and budget today.