The annual car theft rate in Kentucky is higher than the national average. About 2.3 per every 1,000 residents in the state will experience car theft this year. That makes having enough car insurance that much more important.
An independent insurance agent in Lexington, KY can get you equipped with all the car insurance you need. They'll ensure that you have coverage against car theft and many common disasters. But before we get too far ahead, here's a closer look at car insurance specifics in Lexington, KY.
Best Car Insurance in Lexington, KY
Having the best car insurance means finding the type of coverage that matches your needs as much as possible. An independent insurance agent in Lexington, KY can help you find the best car insurance. They're familiar with multiple local companies, so that they can provide you with several quotes in one place.
Independent insurance agents can also help you find any discounts you qualify for on coverage. So not only will they get you matched to the right policy, but they'll also help you save as much as possible on your premiums. Get in touch with a Lexington, KY independent insurance agent today to find the best car insurance.
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Lexington, KY?
Your car insurance policy might look a lot different from someone else's. That's because you'll select the types of coverage that apply to you.
Commonly chosen coverages in Lexington, KY, include:
- Collision coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled by a non-collision event such as a hailstorm or theft.
- Liability coverage: This covers you if you get hit with claims for bodily injury or personal property damage from a third party.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This covers you if you get into an accident with another driver who doesn't carry any of their own coverage or adequate insurance to cover their responsibility.
With 11.5% of drivers in Kentucky being uninsured, it's important to at least discuss adding uninsured motorist coverage to your car insurance policy. Your independent insurance agent in Lexington can help you evaluate whether it's right for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Lexington, KY?
Car insurance costs an average of $1,341 annually in KY. That's higher than the national average of $1,311 per year. Kentucky overall ranks 21st for the most expensive car insurance in the nation.
Even with higher-than-average car insurance rates, having car insurance in Kentucky is still critical. For starters, you can face fines and harsher consequences if you fail to carry at least the state's minimum requirements. But beyond that, having car insurance is the only way to properly protect yourself and others on the road.
Is Car Insurance Required in Lexington, KY?
Yes, all drivers in Kentucky are required to carry car insurance. The state's minimum coverage requirements are:
- Bodily injury liability: Lexington requires at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per incident of bodily injury liability insurance.
- Property damage liability: Lexington requires at least $25,000 per incident of property damage liability insurance.
- Personal injury protection: All drivers except for motorcycle drivers in Kentucky are required to carry PIP coverage also, which protects against injuries to yourself and your passengers if you're at fault for an accident.
An independent insurance agent in Lexington, KY can further review your area's minimum coverage requirements with you, and make sure that you meet them.
What Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in Lexington, KY?
Car insurance is available from many carriers in Lexington, KY. However, we're here to help by providing a list of a few of our top picks for quality, affordable coverage.
|Best Car Insurance Companies in Lexington, KY||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Lexington, KY?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all car insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid car insurance package that's custom-built for you and other drivers in your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best car insurance companies in Kentucky to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.