Aberdeen, MD, has 16,019 residents that call this place home. If you use the roadways here, you'll need car insurance. Coverage is mandatory in most states and should be reviewed for accuracy.
An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that are affordable. They work on your behalf at no additional cost so that you can save. Connect with a local adviser for custom quotes today.
What Is Car Insurance?
Aberdeen, MD, requires all drivers to carry minimum liability protection limits when operating a motorized vehicle. If you are found without adequate coverage, you could be penalized or worse. Check out how it works below:
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
There are three main types of risks that you want to make sure you have protection against. Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following:
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Aberdeen, MD?
In Aberdeen, MD, your auto coverage is essential to avoid a large out-of-pocket expense or worse. To ensure your protection is accurate, review policy coverage with a professional. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire, vandalism, or hitting an animal.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Aberdeen, MD?
Car insurance premiums vary and are specific for each person. Check out rating factors the carriers use below in Aberdeen, MD:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
If you want a savings of 30% or more on all your policies, speak with an agent about bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company, you'll save big. Check out what your discounts will be through a local carrier.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
In Aberdeen, MD, you are required to carry specific auto insurance to comply with state law. In addition to the minimum limits of liability, you must also obtain uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Let's look at the facts:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland percentage of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Thefts In Aberdeen, MD
All cities have a local crime rate that can impact your insurance policies. The more thefts that occur, the higher your premiums are. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Aberdeen average: 74.10
If you are a victim of a crime, you may not be insured. In order to have adequate protection, comprehensive coverage must be added to your auto policy. This will cover theft and vandalism claims, saving you a lot of hassle.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
If you're searching for car insurance in Aberdeen, MD, a trusted adviser can help. With all of the options on the market, coverage can be confusing. A trained professional is available to review your policies for free.
An independent insurance agent has access to several carriers, so you know you're getting the best rates in town. They do the shopping for you, saving you time and money. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice and get started in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.