If you're one of the 12,260 residents in Cambridge, MD, you'll want adequate protection for the road ahead. There are several ways you could have a loss while driving, causing financial ruin or worse. Car insurance will cover you while you're driving.
An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy for a fair price. Since they do the shopping for you at no cost, you'll save big time. Connect with a local adviser for custom quotes.
What Is Car Insurance?
If you're found without proper auto coverage, you'll be responsible for violations and more. In Cambridge, MD, you are required by law to carry the minimum limits of liability while using the roadways. Check out how it works.
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
Your auto policy will provide coverage for the top three most common risks that drivers in Cambridge should be protected against.
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Cambridge, MD?
Your Cambridge, MD car insurance policy comes with liability limits, and that's it. When you need more coverage to insure your actual vehicle, you'll have to add it manually. In the meantime, check out some options.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Cambridge, MD?
Car insurance costs will be similar to your other insurance coverage and are different for everyone. Your premiums will reflect personal data and outside elements. Check out rating factors the carriers use below in Cambridge, MD.
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
Instant savings can be found when you bundle your policies. By bundling your auto and homeowners insurance with the same carrier, you'll be rewarded. Insurance companies give a 30% discount or more on coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
Cambridge, MD, will require every driver to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If you're found without this protection, you'll be penalized or worse. Let's look at the facts.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland average of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics In Cambridge
No matter where you live, there is the risk of crime. Cambridge, MD, auto thefts can impact your auto insurance costs negatively. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people.
- National average: 228.9
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Cambridge average: 114.2
If you want protection for things like theft and vandalism, you'll have to add it to your auto policy. Comprehensive insurance is needed to have coverage for this type of crime. Additional options can be reviewed with a licensed professional.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
When you live in Cambridge, MD, you'll need personal coverage that's affordable. Some policies will be mandatory and required by state or lenders. Car insurance is one of those coverages and is necessary if you plan to drive a motorized vehicle.
An independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium options that fit your budget. They work only with A-rated carriers so that you're covered for a loss. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for tailored quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.