Cumberland, MD Car Insurance
How to find a local adviser in minutes
In Cumberland, MD, the local population is 19,284 residents. If you're one of them and drive, you'll need adequate protection for a loss. Car insurance can help cover your exposure when using the streets.
An independent insurance agent will have access to several markets so that you have options. They do the shopping for you, saving you time and money. Connect with an expert to get started in minutes.
What Is Car Insurance?
All states usually have car insurance as a mandatory policy in order to use the roadways. In Cumberland, MD, you are required by law to have the minimum limits of coverage. Check out how it works below:
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following common types of liabilities drivers face in Cumberland:
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Cumberland, MD?
Cumberland, MD, car insurance will include the minimum limits of liability, and that's it. If you're looking for more in-depth protection, it must be reviewed and manually added with a professional. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire, vandalism, or hitting an animal.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Cumberland, MD?
Car insurance costs in Cumberland, MD, will vary from person to person. Every premium is unique to the individual and depends on personal data. Check out rating factors the carriers use below:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
To get instant savings on your policies, speak with your agent about bundling. When you bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same carrier, you'll save big-time. A cost reduction of about 30% or more is usual.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
Cumberland, MD, has minimum requirement limits when it comes to auto insurance. One of them is having uninsured/underinsured motorist protection. Let's look at the facts:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland percentage of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics in Cumberland, MD
The local crime rate in Cumberland, MD, will affect your auto insurance costs. In order to have adequate coverage for a loss, you'll want to review your policy for sufficiency. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Cumberland average: 134.60
If you want protection for theft or vandalism in Cumberland, MD, you'll have to add it. Your auto insurance policy will not come with any additional coverages. Speak with your agent about obtaining comprehensive insurance.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
When you're searching for sufficient coverage in Cumberland, MD, consider using a licensed professional. There are multiple ways to obtain car insurance, but the one that will cause you the least hassle is working with an agent. In Maryland, you are mandated by law to have protection at the minimum limits, or you could suffer a severe penalty.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with policy and price options that won't break the bank. They do the shopping for free, so you don't have to. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice for quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.