Havre de Grace, MD, is a small town with only 14,018 residents. If you use a motorized vehicle here, you'll be required to carry coverage. Car insurance is needed for proper protection and is regulated by law.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent will have access to multiple markets so that you can save. They handle the shopping for you at no additional cost. Get connected with a local professional in minutes.
What Is Car Insurance?
Almost every state will require some form of car insurance. In Havre de Grace, MD, you will be mandated to carry an auto policy at the state minimum limits. Check out what is necessary to use the roads.
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following common types of risks that drivers in Havre de Grace should have protection against.
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Havre de Grace, MD?
There are many options you'll have for your car insurance coverage in Havre de Grace, MD. Apart from your required liability limits, you'll have additional coverage items that can be included for a premium. In the meantime, check out some options.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Havre de Grace, MD?
Your car insurance pricing will differ from anyone else. This is because insurance companies use personal data and outside elements when figuring your costs. Check out rating factors the carriers use below in Havre de Grace, MD.
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
When you want automatic savings on insurance, consider bundling your coverage. If you bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same carrier, you'll save. Companies typically give a discount of 30% or more.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
In Havre de Grace, MD, you are required to carry the minimum limits of liability. This includes uninsured/underinsured motorist liability coverage. Let's look at the facts.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland average of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics in Havre de Grace, MD
All cities will have a crime rate that affects your insurance costs. In Havre de Grace, the number of vehicle thefts will impact your premiums. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people.
- National average: 228.9
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Havre de Grace average: 7.2
The more crimes that occur, the higher the premium for insurance. Comprehensive coverage can help cover a theft loss. There will be a $250 to $1,000 deductible that applies, and then you'll have protection if you're a victim of a crime.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
If you're searching for the perfect policy without all the hassle, a trained professional can help. When using the roadways in Havre de Grace, MD, you'll want adequate coverage for all the what-ifs. Car insurance is the necessary policy that can cover your risk.
An independent insurance agent will have access to several carriers, giving you options on coverage and price. They do the shopping for free so that you can save time. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for questions.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.