Hyattsville, MD, has a population of 18,230 residents. Some of them use the roadways daily. When you're a driver here, car insurance is not only necessary, but also a legal requirement.
An independent insurance agent can help with policy and rate options that won't break the bank. They do the shopping for free so that you save even more. Connect with a local adviser for tailored protection.
What Is Car Insurance?
In Hyattsville, MD, car insurance is regulated by the state. You are required to carry the minimum limits of liability if you want to drive. Check out how it works below:
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
Drivers in Hyattsville should have protection against three main types of risks. Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following:
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Hyattsville, MD?
Your Hyattsville auto insurance comes standard with liability limits. If you want more than the minimum protection, it will need to be added according to your specifications. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire, vandalism, or hitting an animal.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Hyattsville, MD?
The price of your car insurance will be different from your neighbor's. This is because premiums are unique and specific to every individual. Check out rating factors the carriers use below in Hyattsville, MD:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
To get automatic savings on coverage, start by bundling your policies. When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company, you'll save a lot. Discounts of 30% or more are standard in most cases.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
Hyattsville, MD, requires all drivers to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Apart from being mandatory, it's a necessary protection to have in the event of a loss. Let's look at the facts:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland percentage of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics in Hyattsville, MD
Every state has a local crime rate, but did you know that it affects your insurance premiums? The more activity that occurs, the higher your costs are. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Hyattsville average: 338.20
Vehicle thefts are common no matter where you live. If you want proper protection for a crime, you'll have to add it to your auto policy. Comprehensive insurance is necessary to have coverage for theft and vandalism.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
If you've been looking for the best policy for a reasonable price, you might consider hiring a trained professional. In Hyattsville, MD, you're required to carry car insurance if you use the roadways. To avoid penalties or worse, consult with a trusted adviser.
An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that fit your budget. They work on your behalf at zero additional cost. Get connected with a local expert and start saving today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.