In Takoma Park, MD, there are roughly 17,725 residents with access to the roadways at any given time. If you're one of them, then adequate coverage is necessary to avoid financial loss. Car insurance can cover your exposures when you drive.
An independent insurance agent will have access to multiple markets so that you have options on policy and premium. They do the shopping for you at no additional cost. Connect with a local expert for tailored protection in minutes.
What Is Car Insurance?
The majority of states require car insurance by law. Takoma Park, MD, is no different and mandates that every driver have the state minimum limits of liability. Check out how it works.
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following common types of liabilities.
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Takoma Park, MD?
Your auto policy will come automatically with the state minimum limits of liability. If your Takoma Park car insurance needs coverage for your vehicles themselves and more, you'll have to add it. In the meantime, check out some options.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Takoma Park, MD?
The price of car insurance will be different for everyone. Insurance companies review your personal risk when calculating costs. Check out rating factors the carriers use below in Takoma Park, MD.
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
If you want instant savings on insurance, consider bundling your coverage. When you bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same carrier, they reward you. Lower rates by 30% are typical in most cases.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
In Takoma Park, MD, you'll be required to carry uninsured/underinsured motorists insurance. The state minimum limits are mandatory similar to your auto liability coverage. Let's look at the facts.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland average of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics In Takoma Park
Takoma Park, MD, will have a local crime rate that impacts your insurance costs. When an auto theft occurs, you'll be responsible for any losses without proper protection. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people.
- National average: 228.9
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Takoma Park average: 145.3
Adequate protection for a loss can be covered by comprehensive insurance. This coverage will pay for a vehicle theft claim less the deductible. You'll be responsible for the first $250 to $1,000 in loss, and anything after will be insured.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
When you're searching for the perfect policy that won't break the bank, consider using a licensed professional. You'll have many coverage choices that can be tricky to know what applies if you're not a trained adviser. Car insurance can cover your risks as a driver and meet legal requirements by law.
An independent insurance agent can help find a policy for a fair price so that you don't have to. They do the shopping at no additional cost, saving you time and money. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for custom quotes in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.