Over the past 10 years, Auburn, MA has experienced rapid growth and business development. With easy access to major highways like Route 12 and Interstate 90, this city has become a destination of choice for many small businesses. During previous years, there were 669, 224 small businesses in Massachusetts, employing 1.5 million people.
As a small-business owner, you're banking everything on your company's success, so make sure you're covered with the best Auburn business insurance. Experienced Independent Insurance Agents can offer you one-on-one assistance to build a commercial business policy that protects you against liability, property damage, and even cyber threats. Liability insurance protects your business from the most common threats like claims of injury, negligence, or malpractice. Choose the liability coverage that makes the most sense for your business.
- General Liability: Basic general liability insurance offers a small business an umbrella of protection against a variety of potential liability problems. Perhaps the most serious threat is personal injuries. If a customer is injured on your property due to your negligence, you could be liable and be required to pay for that customer's doctor bills. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. Be prepared and talk with an Independent Insurance agent in Auburn today.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards and 53 percent of medical malpractice awards by the courts amount to $1 million or more. Even if your products are screened with the utmost attention to quality control, someone could claim that your product is responsible for an injury, leaving you to deal with a hefty lawsuit; and even if you win, the legal fees can add up quickly. Product liability insurance covers these costs so you can focus on what matters most – your business.
- Professional Liability: Whether you're a doctor, a lawyer, or even a marketing consultant, you will benefit from the peace of mind that comes with professional liability insurance. If a client claims harm due to your advice, you could be liable for damages.
Business Interruption Insurance for Small Business
Business interruption insurance is one of the most crucial aspects of commercial insurance, especially if your company is small. This coverage protects against income loss from unexpected business interruptions like natural disasters that cause damage to your building. Could your business survive if you had to suspend operations for an extended period of time? If not, talk with an Independent Insurance Agent today about how this coverage can help.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance for Auburn Businesses
Workers’ compensation insurance is designed to cover medical treatment, lost wages, and other expenses for employees who are injured on the job. Employees can get hurt, even in the safest workplaces. Workers’ compensation insurance allows you to protect your employees from the costs of these injuries, and it protects you from lawsuits related to workplace accidents.
All businesses in Massachusetts are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
Your independent insurance agent can help you learn more about the workers’ compensation laws in Massachusetts, and can help you get the best policy you can afford.
Property Insurance for Small Business
- Number of recent natural disasters in Massachusetts: 54
- The most common reason for natural disasters in Massachusetts: Severe Storms
- Number of flood insurance policies in Massachusetts: 58,079
No one can predict the weather, but history shows that Auburn is a prime candidate for hurricanes. Since 1930, there have been 29 hurricanes recorded in the city, with the largest being Hurricane Floyd in 1999. Just a few years ago, Hurricane Andrea caused major damage to Auburn's homes and businesses. Make sure you're covered with commercial property insurance just in case disaster strikes in your neighborhood.
Employee Coverages for Small Business
One of the greatest challenges that Auburn small businesses face is finding affordable employee coverages. If you are hoping to provide your employees with health care, life insurance, and workers' compensation benefits, our agents can help. Our independent agents can draw from a wide network of coverage options to help you secure the best employee coverages at an affordable price.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Small Business
- 5,116 Identity theft complaints in Massachusetts in recent years
- Ranked 25th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Only 22 percent% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber breaches. This is a really scary thought when you consider how much of your daily operations rely on technology. It only takes one hacker to do major damage to your company. If your sensitive financial information does fall into the wrong hands, Auburn cyber crime insurance will keep you covered.
As a small-business owner in Auburn, you have a lot to lose. Our Independent Insurance Agents understand that you are working hard to make your business a success. Our caring agents will root for your success as they help you find the right business insurance that makes the most sense for your company.
Contact an agent in your neighborhood to learn more about Auburn commercial insurance and receive a free customized quote today.