When most people hear the word Plymouth, they automatically think about the brave individuals who made a daring Atlantic voyage and established a colony in a brand-new land. The city has come a long way since that long ago time and now attracts thousands of visitors each year. With a booming tourism industry, Plymouth, MA has become home to many small businesses. During previous years, there were 615,775 small businesses in Massachusetts, providing jobs to 1,404,234 people. However, recent years have also brought some serious risks for business owners, with $6,530,654 paid out for losses. With so much at risk, it’s important for every business to invest in comprehensive Plymouth commercial insurance.
Shopping for business insurance might seem overwhelming, but our Independent Insurance Agents will make the process easy. Our experienced agents take the guesswork out of business insurance by offering one-on-one support and customized business insurance plans for every company. A single liability lawsuit can result in your spending thousands in legal expenses, money most business owners simply can’t afford.
According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their biggest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. When you turn to our Independent Insurance Agents for your business liability insurance, you enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are covered with the best general liability coverage for your unique business.
- Product Liability: Legal fees and court costs represent only a fraction of what you have to worry about if a liability claim is filed against your company. Settlement amounts represent an additional financial concern. According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. A court order to pay a large settlement leaves many uninsured businesses unable to function, which is why you need product liability coverage. Your insurance steps in to take care of the settlement, while you focus on quality control and producing great products in the future.
- E&O/Professional Liability: Business owners who provide services such as contracting, marketing or consulting also need to be properly insured. Professional liability coverage protects you if a client raises legal concerns regarding contracts, services rendered, accusations of breach of contract or perceived omissions. When you contact our Independent Insurance Agents, an experienced insurance pro will help you determine which type of liability policy will best protect your company.
Business Interruption Insurance for Plymouth Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Massachusetts gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
Plymouth’s location has led to constant concern about wind damage, heavy rainfall, hurricanes and severe flooding. A single storm can have a devastating impact on your business, forcing you to close your doors while you repair and rebuild. Not only do you have to deal with the unexpected expense of reversing the damage, but the longer you’re unable to conduct business, the longer it will be before you experience any type of positive revenue stream. In these situations, business interruption insurance can be a lifeline by compensating you for lost profits due to an uncontrollable event.
Property Insurance for Plymouth Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
There are a lot of wonderful things that go hand in hand with living on the Atlantic coast, but you do always have to be prepared for unpredictable and violent weather. It’s astonishing how much damage a single storm can do to a commercial property. If your Plymouth business is covered with commercial property insurance, you can let the insurance company worry about paying for repairs, while you move forward and focus on the future.
Workers' Compensation for Plymouth Businesses
No small business should be without workers' compensation, a type of insurance that covers the medical bills of any employee who becomes injured while on the job. Workers' compensation also protects businesses from lawsuits after work-related accidents or injuries. Across most of the United States, workers' comp is required if you have employees, and in some circumstances, even independent contractors need workers' comp to secure a job.
Employee Coverages for Plymouth Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Massachusetts: $1,061,981
- Ranked 36th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $6,379/person or $17,424/family
The rising cost of health care makes it difficult for many small businesses to provide their employees with health insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents are familiar with this frustrating situation, and they can point you toward affordable coverage options for your employees. Our knowledgeable agents offer multiple rate quotes in one convenient place so you can choose the right employee coverages for your business with less time and hassle.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Plymouth Businesses
- 5,116 Identity theft complaints in Massachusetts in recent years
- Ranked 25th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Data breaches and identity theft constantly threaten Plymouth businesses, yet only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to protect against cyber hacks. Contacting an Independent Insurance Agent is the single best way to protect your business and customers from an assortment of heinous cyber crimes.
Our Independent Insurance Agents make protecting your Plymouth business simple and affordable. Whether you’re shopping for liability insurance, commercial property insurance or employee coverages, our agents can help. Our Independent Insurance Agents walk you through each step of the process and explain each option before providing you with multiple free rate quotes.
Contact an agent today to learn more about Plymouth business insurance and to receive a free customized quote for your company.