Accidents happen when you least expect them. Drivers in Holyoke, Massachusetts are required by law to have car insurance. It's important to have the right car insurance policy to protect you from huge financial losses.
Finding the best car insurance is easy when you work with a local independent insurance agent. They will offer you a variety of customized auto insurance quotes at competitive prices. Find an insurance agent in or near Holyoke to get started.
Holyoke, Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements
All drivers in Holyoke must have a minimum amount of car insurance. In order to drive your vehicle in Holyoke, you're required to have the following coverage:
- Bodily injury to others: $20,000 per person
- Personal injury protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily injury caused by an uninsured auto: $20,000
- Damage to someone else’s property: $5,000 per accident
Massachusetts is a no-fault state. That means that no matter who is a fault, your insurance policy will help cover the bill. With the right insurance policy, an accident won't result in a large financial loss.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Massachusetts has one of the lowest uninsured motorist rates. 1 in 10 drivers operates their vehicle without insurance, compared to the national average of 1 in 8. If caught, violators could face up to a $5,000 fine, loss of their driving privileges, and even one year in jail.
Drivers are required to have uninsured motorist coverage in Massachusetts. This policy will protect you against hit-and-run drivers and drivers without auto insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage guarantees that you will get coverage of your medical costs immediately. It's important to insure yourself against those who aren't insured.
Average Number of Car Thefts in Holyoke, MA
On average, there are around 120 motor vehicle thefts reported in Holyoke each year. In a city this size, that makes it slightly above the national average.
- National number of auto thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Holyoke number of auto thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.95
Without comprehensive coverage in your auto insurance, you cannot be compensated for a stolen car. This insurance is optional, but it will protect you financially from other theft and damage done to your car.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Other Insurance Options for Your Auto Policy in Holyoke, MA
Most drivers in Holyoke will want to purchase additional insurance protection to make sure that they are covered in any circumstance. Below are additional coverage options to give you that extra coverage:
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damage that is out of your control, such as theft, weather events, windshield damage and collisions with animals.
- Collision coverage: If you happen to collide with another vehicle or object, this insurance will help pay to repair or replace your car.
- Towing and labor coverage: This will assist with the cost of flat tires, lockouts, and even dead batteries.
- Accident forgiveness: If you are ever in an accident, this coverage will prevent your price from going up.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Holyoke, Massachusetts?
Maintaining a clean driving record will always benefit the cost of your policy, but it's not the only thing that factors in. Car insurance rates are calculated according to several factors about the individual like:
- Years of driving experience
- Year and model of the vehicle you drive
- Where you store your vehicle
- Number of at-fault accidents
- Type of traffic violations
Holyoke is ranked as the 11th most expensive city in Massachusetts for car insurance. Drivers spend a yearly average of $1,400 for their policies. Luckily, Holyoke drivers are offered a variety of discounts for their policy to get the best prices. Some options include multi-car, anti-theft and years licensed discounts.
How Can You Find Car Insurance in Holyoke, MA?
Work with a local independent insurance agent to get the best car insurance coverage for you in Holyoke. Independent agents work with multiple insurance companies to compare quotes. That way you can pick the policy that fits the coverage you need at the price you want.
Click here independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. Provide a few details about what you’re looking for, and the network will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent only to the agents you pick.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.