While Woburn doesn’t experience traffic to the degree that the nearby larger city of Boston does, this city’s roads still see their fair share of cars. Whether you are merging onto the Yankee Division Highway, passing a tractor-trailer on the Northern Expressway, or simply driving down Salem Street on your way to cheer on the Tanners at Woburn Memorial High School, you are at risk for a collision any time you drive your car. Fortunately, when you are backed by a suitable Woburn car insurance policy, you do not need to worry about the financial repercussions associated with collisions.
Car insurance is required of vehicle owners in Woburn, but overpaying for it is not. Our independent insurance agents can help you review a selection of affordable Woburn car insurance policies that have been customized to fit your coverage and budgetary needs. Find an agent near you to learn more and you can soon start comparing quotes from a variety of reputable insurers.
- National Average Cost per year: $1,311
- Massachusetts Average Cost per year: $1,460
- 16th Most Expensive Auto Premium in the U.S.
Unfortunately for those looking to buy a Woburn car insurance policy, the average cost of car insurance in Massachusetts is quite a bit higher than the national average. This is due in part to the higher minimum coverage amounts that this state requires. Of course, you should expect that your actual rates will be different from the averages shown above because they will be calculated based on several different factors. These include, but are not limited to, such considerations as:
- Where you live (your ZIP code)
- Where you park your car (street, driveway, garage, etc.)
- The make, model, and year of the car(s) you are insuring
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- The amount of your deductible
- Information (such as the age, sex, and driving records) about all licensed drivers in your household unless you are specifically excluding them from coverage on your policy
- Whether you qualify for any offered policy discounts (such as a safe-driving discount, a renewal discount, or a bundled coverage discount)
Because so many different factors are used when calculating your Woburn auto insurance rates, and each insurance company has a different method of assessing risk, you are likely to get several different quotes. That is why when you take the time to compare rates, you make it possible to find the best price for your coverage.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily Injury Liability: required
- Property Damage Liability: required
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: required
- Minimum Liability Limits: 20/40/5; Coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $20,000 for one individual, and $5,000 coverage for property damage.
Failure to carry insurance that meets these state-mandated requirements can result in a fine ranging from $500 to $5,000, depending on your number of previous offenses; the suspension of your driver’s license and vehicle registration, for which you will need to provide proof of insurance and pay a $500 reinstatement fee to remove the suspension; and potential incarceration for up to one year. With such harsh penalties, it is little wonder that Massachusetts has the lowest number of uninsured drivers in the county.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Massachusetts
- How many US drivers are uninsured: 13%
- How many Massachusetts drivers are uninsured: 6.2%
Because this state requires vehicle owners to carry uninsured motorists coverage, you are protected from financial losses if a driver who lacks coverage causes a collision with your vehicle. You will have the backing of your own insurance company to cover your property damage and injuries.
Also, be aware that this state requires all drivers to carry a minimum of $8,000 in personal injury protection. With the rising cost of medical care, this may not be enough to fully protect you and your passengers if you are in a serious collision, so you may want to consider purchasing higher coverage levels. You can talk to your agent for guidance in determining how much coverage is right for you.
Number of Auto Thefts in Massachusetts
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Massachusetts number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 1.91
The rate of car theft in Massachusetts is lower than the national average, and the risk is even lower in Woburn. In recent years, there were only 20 car thefts reported in this city. That equates to about 0.51 thefts per every 1,000 vehicles—about one quarter the statewide rate.
You can protect the investment you have made in your vehicle by supplementing your Woburn car insurance policy with comprehensive, or “other than collision,” insurance. This insurance is designed to compensate you if your car lost or damaged by a non-collision-related such as theft, vandalism, falling objects, floods, fires, or flying debris. If you have financed the purchase of your car, your lender likely required that you carry this optional coverage for the duration of your loan.
Find a Great Woburn Car Insurance Policy
When you are shopping for Woburn auto insurance, you will want to be sure that you are purchasing your policy from a trustworthy insurance company and that you are getting your coverage at a reasonable rate. Comparison-shopping can help you find the most affordable policy, but it can be time-consuming and exasperating for those who do it on their own.
That is why it is advantageous to enlist the help of an independent agent. These agents make gathering and comparing rates simple. They can use their relationships with a number of dependable insurance companies to quickly gather a variety of Woburn auto insurance quotes for policies that are customized to meet your coverage needs.
Find an agent with an office in Woburn to get started.