The town of Lynnfield, MA, is home to more than 11,000 people. Many are attracted to this town because of its low crime rate, outstanding school district, and strong sense of community. If you own a house in Lynnfield, you can protect your investment with a solid homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents in Lynnfield can help you find comprehensive, yet competitively priced, home insurance. Find an insurance agent near you to get more information and to start reviewing customized quotes.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Lynnfield, MA?
To get an idea of how much a policy will cost you, let’s look at some averages:
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- Massachusetts average yearly premium: $1,379
The average homeowners insurance rate in Massachusetts is higher than the national average, so shopping around for the best price has the potential to save you a lot of money.
Of course, your quoted costs are likely to vary from the figures listed above because home insurance rates are based on several factors such as:
- The age, size, and value, of your house
- The number of stories your house has and whether it has a basement
- How much coverage you are purchasing
- The crime rate and common weather hazards in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- The size of your deductible
If you bundle your home insurance with other policies such as car insurance or life insurance, you can often get all of your coverage at discounted rates. An independent agent in Lynnfield can help you find the right home insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs.
Lynnfield Homeowners Insurance Covers Your Property
You will want to be sure that your coverage limits are high enough to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace damaged property if your home is significantly damaged by a catastrophic event like a fire.
Catastrophic Events in Massachusetts
- Number of federally declared disasters in Massachusetts: 54
- Most common reasons for disasters in MA: Severe storms and hurricanes
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Massachusetts: 1.4
- Average amount of property damage per year in MA: $808 million
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Residents of Lynnfield are most likely to experience damages caused by hurricanes, gusty winds, severe storms, hail, heavy snows, and freezing temperatures. Fortunately, all of these hazards are covered by most home insurance policies. Talk to your insurance agent to learn more.
A Word about Flood Damage in Lynnfield, MA
Be aware that although home insurance covers against most common weather-related hazards, it does not cover damage caused by floods.
Floods pose a real risk in this town, especially when winter snows melt and when hurricanes bring prolonged, heavy rains to the area. These events can cause drainage systems to become overwhelmed, which can lead to area flooding.
Fortunately, your local independent insurance agent can help you purchase a supplemental flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) so that your property is covered against this risk. Flood insurance policies take 30 days to go into effect, so do not wait until heavy rains are on the way to buy a policy.
Homeowners in Lynnfield Need Liability Insurance
Homeowners insurance does more than just cover your property. It also provides you with a significant amount of personal liability coverage.
Homeowners liability insurance is designed to absorb expenses like court costs, legal fees, and damages when they are associated with a covered liability lawsuit.
Examples of times that you may need to use this liability insurance include if:
- A visitor to your home suffers a serious injury in a fall.
- An accident occurs while you away from home, such as if an errant ball causes damage or injuries to another while you are hitting the links at Reedy Meadow Golf Course.
- Your dog gets loose and bites a delivery person.
- Your child accidentally breaks your neighbor’s window while playing baseball in the yard.
- An area business doesn’t like a scathing review you posted online and threatens to sue you for libel.
Most insurance companies offer between $100,000 and $500,000 in liability insurance. If you want to have even more coverage than your home insurance company can provide, your local insurance agent can help you secure an affordable umbrella insurance policy as well.
Talk to a local independent agent to get more information about homeowners liability coverage.
Homeowners Insurance Covers against Property Crimes in Lynnfield
The burglary rate in Massachusetts is lower than the national average. And in Lynnfield, the rate is even lower. There are only about five burglaries reported in this town in an average year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Massachusetts: 2.82
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Lynnfield: 0.30
In the unlikely event that your house is broken into, you may find it comforting to know that your homeowners insurance can provide compensation for your losses.
Your local insurance agent can help you review your policy’s contents coverage to ensure that your most valuable belongings are appropriately covered.
What about Insurance for Second Homes and Vacation Homes?
If you are among the Lynnfield residents who own more than one home, you may be required to purchase specialized homeowners insurance coverage.
- If you own a house nearby that you rent out to young families for extra income, your contents coverage needs will be lower, but your liability and property damage risks will be higher than they are for your primary residence. This type of home would need to be covered by landlord insurance.
- If you own a winter vacation house in a warmer climate, and the house is left empty and unattended for several months out of the year, your insurance company will likely require you to carry vacant home insurance during the times that property is unoccupied.
Whatever your reasons for owning more than one house, a local independent agent can help you find the best insurance coverage for all of your properties.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Lynnfield, MA?
Independent insurance agents work for you instead of for a particular insurance company. This means that you can count on them for trustworthy advice and guidance when you are shopping for the best insurance products. These agents live and work in your community, so they understand the risks you face as a homeowner in Lynnfield.
Contact an independent insurance agent with an office near you to learn more. You will soon discover how easy it can be to compare customized, competitively priced home insurance quotes from a variety of highly rated insurance companies.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.