Saugus is a tight-knit community that’s part of the Greater Boston metro area. Residents enjoy the brooks and ponds in their town that are fed by the Saugus River. If you’re one of the 26,628 Saugus residents, then you’ll want to be sure your beloved home and its contents are protected from any unfortunate events. Whatever your home’s age or amenities, you’ll want to be sure you have reliable homeowners insurance.
If you’re not sure how to go about getting a homeowners policy, then it’s time to call an insurance agent near you. An independent agent can get you lots of different home insurance quotes from high-quality companies. The best part is that an independent insurance agent won’t charge you any fees for their professional help.
Price of Homeowners Insurance in Saugus, Massachusetts
Massachusetts citizens usually pay a bit more for homeowners insurance than other states. However, Saugus home premiums are a bit lower.
- US average yearly premium: $1,173
- Massachusetts average yearly premium: $1,379
Remember, these average premiums are just to give you an idea of the price you might pay. Insurance costs are specific to each home, owner, and area.
- Saugus average home values: $394,323
- Massachusetts average home values: $385,400
- US average home values: $188,900
Your insurance agent will ask for lots of details about your house. This is information insurance carriers will use to calculate your insurance pricing:
- The homeowner’s credit score
- Claims history
- The home’s age and current market value
- Your home’s location (e.g., ZIP code, county)
- Materials used to build the home
- The home’s use: primary residence, vacation home, rental property
- The deductible amount selected
- Freestanding structures on the property (e.g., fences, garages, swimming pools)
Independent insurance agents in Saugus can help you sort through different homeowners policy options offered by reputable carriers. You can be sure to get high-quality homeowners insurance that fits your budget.
Total Number of Property Crimes in Saugus, Massachusetts
It’s always best to buy a comprehensive homeowners insurance plan no matter where you live. Property crimes happen everywhere and your house isn’t immune.
- Average US burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 4.69
- Average Saugus burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 1.19
Every American hometown works hard, among their citizens and residents, to make their neighborhoods safe. It’s always important to look out for yourself, your family, and your neighbors by taking action. Here are a few easy ways to keep thieves away:
- Lock your windows (home and garage) when you’re asleep or home.
- Keep lights on even when you aren’t home. Use an automatic timer so you don’t forget.
- Use deadbolts on all your outside doors for extra security.
- Make sure your sliding glass doors have great locks and security gadgets.
- Install a home security system that includes burglar alarms and cameras.
- If you’ll be away from home for more than a few days, make sure your mailbox won’t be overflowing with mail. Be sure your grass remains well-kept too.
Another benefit to securing your home is the policy discounts most insurance companies will be willing to give you. Property insurers like it when homeowners have security cameras, burglar alarms, and even fire extinguishers. Talk with your insurance agent about how you might be able to get a premium discount for home safety measures.
Total Number of Catastrophes in Saugus, Massachusetts
Saugus is part of Essex County in Massachusetts. The area gets intense seasonal weather that can cause quite a bit of damage, particularly hurricanes and floods. Overall, the total number of natural disasters in the Saugus area is much greater than the national average (13).
- Major disaster declarations in Massachusetts: 53
- Common causes of disasters in the state: hurricanes and floods
- Total amount of US property losses paid in 2018: $1,354,075
Here’s how Saugus’s worst weather events break down. Some incidents do show up in more than one category.
- Floods: 12
- Storms: 9
- Hurricanes: 6
- Snowstorms: 6
Obviously, no matter what your hometown’s climate is like, it’s a great idea to invest in an excellent homeowners insurance plan. It’s a good idea to be prepared for the costly financial losses associated with risks like harsh weather, crimes, and fires. Not only will having a solid insurance policy give you peace of mind, it’ll also absorb most of the cost from a covered claim.
Give a local independent insurance agent a call today to talk about your home insurance policy needs. The sooner you do that, then the sooner your home will be protected. When you talk to your local agent, feel free to ask about car insurance and life insurance too.
Liability Insurance for Saugus, Massachusetts Homes
Another disaster that homeowners, like yourself, want to avoid is liability claims. That’s why it’s important for your home insurance to include personal liability coverage. The liability benefit that most property plans include will pay for legal fees, court costs, and damage settlements.
Mishaps and accidents usually happen when you least expect it. Here are some examples of common liability situations that homeowners face:
- Your child breaks the neighbor’s SUV window with a baseball.
- Your dog escapes the backyard and bites a delivery driver.
- Your best friend is visiting your home and accidentally breaks her foot.
- An untrimmed tree limb from your property scratches your neighbor’s car.
Check out your policy’s liability limits to be sure the coverage amount is good. Your independent insurance agent can go over your policy limits with you and answer questions. The agent may be able to increase your liability limits, or get you an affordable umbrella policy for extra coverage.
Start Shopping for Saugus, Massachusetts Home Insurance
Shopping around for the right policy at the right price is the best way to get a homeowners insurance plan. Of course, comparing multiple plans and premiums can take a lot of time and get frustrating. You’re busy, so make your life easier by working with a local independent insurance agent. Saugus agents know your community and understand your needs.
An independent agent will be glad to answer your questions, identify any risks you might encounter, and gather multiple insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. The best part of working with an independent agent is that you don’t have to pay for their professional assistance.
When you really think about it, shopping for homeowners insurance with an independent insurance agent is the best way to get what you need at the price you want.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.