Jackson, MI is the perfect place for both work and play. Named after President Andrew Jackson, the city is home to 33,534 residents, who enjoy the areas numerous lakes, golf courses, and NASCAR. Jackson's location, between Interstate 94 and Highway 127, makes it a hub for travelers and businesses alike. During previous years, 856,682 small businesses employed 1,755,901 workers in Michigan. That same year, Michigan businesses were paid a reported $12,848,751 in losses – the seventh-highest amount in the country. Ensure you and your small business are protected by speaking with an Independent Insurance Agent. Receiving customized, affordable business insurance for your Jackson company has never been easier.
Small businesses can't afford to be unprotected. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and over 30 percent said they felt the least prepared to handle this concern. For small-business owners in Jackson, it's crucial to stay on top of business insurance needs by speaking with a reliable Independent Insurance Agent.
- General Liability: If you speak with clients face to face, represent a client's business or have access to a client's information, you should consider your general liability options. This is the foundation of protection that an Independent Insurance Agent can help you find.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards and 53 percent of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If your business relies on product sales or manufactures any kind of product, consider getting a quote from your agent to protect yourself against any malfunctions or defects.
- Professional Liability: Also known as errors & omissions (E&O), professional liability insurance protects your small business against any legal claim against you. If your business gives advice or consults clients, this coverage is for you. An Independent Insurance Agent can help assess how much E&O coverage you need and tailor a policy to your business.
Business Interruption Insurance for Small Business
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Michigan gross state product: 2.0%
- The recent GSP was 0.2% lower than the recent GDP
Every day counts for a small business. A temporary shutdown for building repairs after a disaster can significantly impact the bottom line, which is where business interruption insurance comes into play. The coverage compensates for any lost income a small business may incur in the event of a disaster. An Independent Insurance Agent can compare a number of quotes to find the best business interruption policy depending on your needs.
Property Insurance for Small Business
- Number of recent natural disasters in the U.S.: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
The physical space of your small business is an asset you must protect just as much as anything else. With property insurance, you can ensure you're covered in the event of a natural disaster or any other unpredictable scenario. To cover any needed repairs, consider property insurance coverage for your small business in Jackson, Michigan.
Employee Coverages for Small Business
- Total recent spending on premiums in Michigan: $1,134,005
- Ranked 39th for highest premiums paid
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,321/person or $15,242/family
It's no surprise that small businesses typically find it hard to provide its employees with affordable health care, life insurance, and workers' compensation coverage. And as health care costs rise, it's more important than ever to look at all your options with an Independent Insurance Agent. Give your good employees and their families the best coverage at a great price – it may impact how they see you as an employer and increase work ethic.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Small Business
- Number of identity theft complaints in recent years: 10,338
- Ranked 6th highest for identity theft complaints
Did you know that only 22 percent of small businesses have a cyber/data breach response plan? Don't be part of the statistic. As technology advances and the number of hackers grows, it's important to stay safe by purchasing cyber crime insurance. Whether your small business stores client data or bank information that could be compromised, cyber coverage keeps you protected. An Independent Insurance Agent will assess your needs to get you the most affordable cyber crime policy possible.
There is an overwhelming amount of scenarios a small-business owner needs to consider. But insurance can give you protection when it comes to employee benefits, property protection, cyber crime and more. A local Independent Insurance Agent has the expertise to tailor each policy to your needs. We want you and your small business to succeed just as much as you do.